AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 Rolls Out With GCN 1.0 Support, FreeSync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Hmm, that sounds like something the devs would want to know about, even if it is a non-obvious new or different kernel config parm. Do you happen to remember what the kernel parm was that made it boot, and for bonus points would there happen to be an fdo bugzilla ticket ?
    Sorry, I don't remember what it was. I looked at 10 threads about "Linux 4.9" but I assume the post where I mentioned the parameter was deleted because debianxfce and I were cussing at each other.

Re: mouse cursor issue, I just found a very recent (last couple of days) fix-for-a-fix related to cursor on DCE6 (among others) so might be worth pulling either latest amd-staging-4.7 or drm-next-4.10-wip. There are also a number of changes specific to SI desktop cards in there you might want. In both cases you need something less than 36 hours old.
    Thanks, I'll pull amd-staging-4.7 right now. Hopefully it works this time.

Comment

bridgman Thanks. A freshly pulled/built Kernel fixes the cursor problem. However, mouse acceleration is screwed up now, it's not 1-to-1 with my hand, but I think that is related to Xorg and it's programs (currently 1.19.0-3). I'll check with more people to see if xf86-input-evdev is the cause of this, then open a ticket.

EDIT: this solved the accel problem. I thought KDE would be able to hand that, but it's clearly not.
      Last edited by Amarildo; 17 December 2016, 12:37 AM.

Comment

I just wanted to say that I finally got Freesync to work! Specifically on Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon 64-bit. (Kernel 4.4.0-53-generic, other kernels like 4.8 don't work)
        The thing is not every game or app supports it. You also need to run the game, then alt tab to a terminal and enter the command Bridgeman supplied, then alt-tab back into the game.
        I got it running in Valley, Bioshock Infinite, Civ V and Metro Last light (albeit with flickering that one). Sometimes there is flickering in other apps when in freesync mode.
        It does not run in Witcher 2 (native steam) or Diablo 3 (playonlinux) at all. I also run in DRI:3 mode if that has anything to do with it. Thank You Bridgeman for your help!

Comment

Does the crash happen without EPEL7 ? We definitely do QA prior to release but I'm not sure if we would have included EPEL7 in that testing.
          I didn't test without EPEL7, I just followed the HOWTO-INSTALL instructions:
          The AMDGPU-Pro driver requires access to specific RPMs from Red Hat installation media as well as Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) for purposes of dependency resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
            I didn't test without EPEL7, I just followed the HOWTO-INSTALL instructions:
            The AMDGPU-Pro driver requires access to specific RPMs from Red Hat installation media as well as Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) for purposes of dependency resolution.
            Ahh, OK... sounds like we would have tested with EPEL 7 then. Thanks !
            Test signature

Comment

bridgman OpenCL on Catalyst is broken on any Blender version, BTW. Make sure you test that with the next AMDGPU-PRO

I'm ready to be a super-beta-tester for OpenCL.

Comment

Working...
              X