No announcement yet.

AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 Rolls Out With GCN 1.0 Support, FreeSync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bridgman Where can I download the package for testing?

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
      bridgman Where can I download the package for testing?
      OK, it's up - that took longer than expected, sorry for the delay:

Test signature

Comment

Any successful story with using AMD 280X Southern Island videocard anyone?

Comment

The performance enhancements look like they are largely for just Windows games aka optimizations going by this article: http://wccftech.com/amd-launches-rad...tion-download/

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-NDA-Only-Confidential-v4-page-040-copy-840x473.jpg

Comment

Any successful story with an AMD 280X anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Xen0sys View Post
              The performance enhancements look like they are largely for just Windows games aka optimizations ...
              Yep, that was my expectation as well. The main focus for 16.50 was expanding HW and distro support, not performance.

We have had a fair amount of success getting Linux treated like a first-class OS internally despite the market share, but the downside is that it makes for some new communication & marketing challenges.

JeansenVaars, looks like your posts are being auto-moderated by virtue of being a new poster...

... I expect Michael will see them and release them as soon as he is done playing with the new driver
              Last edited by bridgman; 08 December 2016, 05:14 PM.
              Test signature

Comment

bridgman Any confirmation on correct version number for this driver... i am not sure AMD site is updated

What i currently see is that driver version for RHEL/Ubuntu is 362463, but for SLEx it seems newer 365149

It seems RHEL/Ubuntu was maded 10 days ago and SLEx just yesterday... probably some last minute fix.
                Last edited by dungeon; 08 December 2016, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Yeah, not seeing it on their site. I see some info if you click on the 400 series, but not download link. Nothing for the GCN 1.0 older series.

Comment

Tried to install amdgpu-pro 16.50 in Ubuntu 16.04 using the default 4.4.x kernel. DKMS module building and installation went fine, same with reboot & startup. As soon I wanted to login amdgpu gave me kernel panic. I have a GCN 1.2 Iceland/Topaz chip in my laptop. Does amdgpu-pro not support everything VI?
                    Last edited by mick3; 08 December 2016, 06:29 PM.

Comment

@bridgeman Can you comment on the Windows side as to whether the 390x received the ATW/ASW VR enhancement functionality? Seems the Fury, Fury X, and Nano got some love there from this update.

Comment

Working...
                      X