No announcement yet.

AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 Rolls Out With GCN 1.0 Support, FreeSync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty exciting release. Still going to wait for confirmations that it can run GCN 1.0's stable before trying it though. What OS versions will ship with this support?

Comment

Does this GCN 1.0 support include HDMI audio?

Comment

Great job AMD on the freesync support!! That's a major step closer to feature parity with the windows drivers.

Shame about the vulkan performance regressions though.

Comment

I can't believe that Fiji is still identified to have just 14 CUs under OpenCL

Comment

It continues with the same performance and in some cases even loses to the previous driver. This is a joke!

Comment

It continues with the same performance and in some cases even loses to the previous driver.

Comment

(Imagine Janice from the Friends series) = OOOH MYYYY GOOOOOOD!!!

Comment

Yeah, sorry I couldn't answer your "when will SI support appear in AMDGPU-PRO ?" question yesterday...

Sounds like there are some Steam issues we still need to work through, maybe more, but at least it's in and being regularly tested now. Our testing focus for the first SI release was on the smaller chips that the workstation group uses (so Cape Verde was probably the biggest) but we're going to try to repro what Michael saw and he might be able to test with a smaller SI card.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                    At first I was excited to try but after I read page 1 and saw the benchmarks, I will not give it a try...
                    at first you should not use blob. but at second if you are using it, newer one has some bugs fixed

Comment

Performance? Which performance improvements are they talking about?
                      ## VGA ##
                      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                      X