Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RX 480 users: Can you play CSGO, SOMA, ... without lockups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

I have tested nine and csmt with A8-7600 and RX460. Wine-staging csmt gives better fps in TR 2013 and Unigine Heaven. Wine-staging is more used, because nine does not work with nvidia gpus, so user base is larger and software quality is better.
    Might be worth a try to see if that is still true with gallium nine csmt (yes that is a thing, see the branch haagch posted). Csmt is enabled by default when using gallium nine and that branch (unless setting D3D_DISABLE_CSMT=1).

Comment

Csmt and nine Dx9 calls to linux gpu api are different things, see my post earlier what is csmt.
      Nine Csmt does internally offload all gallium calls. This is more similar to windows than wine csmt (which offloads opengl calls) is.

Comment

If you read my bug report, what makes my system unstable is the GPU power management.
        I don't think there are any unusual lockups anymore when I do
        Code:
        echo manual > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_force_performance_level
        echo 7 > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_dpm_sclk
        That has nothing to do with gallium nine. As I wrote, it happens on the native csgo and native SOMA.

Also can you look up who mannerov is so you will stop trying to "educate" him about what csmt is and how d3d9 works? Thanks.

Comment

I do not care who some nickname is. You and mannerov are mixing csmt and nine and that is not possible.
          mannerov is nine developer, in development even impossible can become possible when you know that, you can conclude i guess that he care about nine more than you

But what this thread has to do wine both(-both) nine(-csmt) and wine(-csmt) i dunno, since OP just asked does does csgo run fine for other rx 480 users And it seems, he just have issue with fabric OC clocks on his card

Comment

It is like when on Windows someone say: Superb i can fix stability with WattMan... whatever vendor do in fabric, just raise this up-down and that is it

So it is probably not an issue in whole, as even on Windows you can set overclock per game or disable overclock for game if it has an issue... that basically became normal user customization there "buy a card you like and play with clocks as much as you wish" - you can screwed it up, but you can fix it too
            Last edited by dungeon; 05 December 2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X