Early Benchmarks Of AMDGPU DRM-Next Code For Linux 4.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbil View Post
    Currently running 4.7 staging on Arch with DAL enabled and great results.
    How do you activate that on Arch? Is audio working? Would it be running with 4.8 as well?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      No, more work required before we can upstream DAL.
      <3 If I'd only know where to sent them you and all people around MESA would have received cookies already! <3

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
        Love you and the other guys around the project! If I'd only know where to sent them you would have received a lot of cookies! <3

By the way, what could we expect from DAL in Mesa? Will HDMI audio be working? Will Freesyc be working? What are the other most interesting features brought to us by DAL?
        DAL and mesa have no dependencies either way at the moment. Mesa is not involved in audio at all. If you use DAL today, you will get HDMI/DP audio independent of whether or not you are using mesa. The biggest features you get from DAL today:
        - HDMI audio
        - DP audio
        - HDMI 2.0 features (on hw that supports HDMI 2.0)
        - DP MST
        - Improved power managment

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

DAL and mesa have no dependencies either way at the moment. Mesa is not involved in audio at all. If you use DAL today, you will get HDMI/DP audio independent of whether or not you are using mesa. The biggest features you get from DAL today:
          - HDMI audio
          - DP audio
          - HDMI 2.0 features (on hw that supports HDMI 2.0)
          - DP MST
          - Improved power managment
          My RX480 is dying to get the ability to pass on the sound through the DP.... ALso improved power managment seems nice.
          Keep up the good work.

Kind regards.
          B.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

DAL and mesa have no dependencies either way at the moment.
            Oh yes, sorry man, it's about the kernel driver aka amdgpu, right? By the way, is anyone working at implementing FreeSync atm?

Comment

How do you activate that on Arch? Is audio working? Would it be running with 4.8 as well?
              I got the linux-git PKGBUILD from aur and changed the source git URL to point at https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...md-staging-4.7

then also changed the config to add CONFIG_DRM_AMD_DAL=y

Comment

Oh yes, sorry man, it's about the kernel driver aka amdgpu, right? By the way, is anyone working at implementing FreeSync atm?
                with 4.7-staging and after enabling DAL my monitor reports that Freesync is used and that is the feeling I get from the games

Comment

Working...
                X