X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
    Do you want a powerful computer or worry about the insignificant difference that you're not doing for the environment?
    we are doing difference to out ears by louder fans and to out wallet with cost of power. 100 watts is 2.4 kwh per day and 876 kwh per year. now you could multiply this by your kwh price

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by blae View Post
    why isn't thread trolling like this met with bans more often? lack of manpower?
    lack of revenue, probably.

Leave a comment:

• blae
    replied
    why isn't thread trolling like this met with bans more often? lack of manpower?

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    I can be a thought-rebel if I so choose.
    Just wait till I tell the thought-police.

Leave a comment:

• AdamOne
    replied
    The sheer coldness of you guys ganging up is shocking.

I can be a thought-rebel if I so choose. "I dont believe science", atleast I know what "science" in defined as;

Oxford English Dictionary: knowledge gained through study.

The studies, just like the investigation for WTC-attacks where fraudulent.

Have a good day.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    You know that man-made global warming is a religion, right?
    Congratulations! With this submission, you're the winner of "Trollpost of the week" award.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    One of the most ridiculous concepts Ive ever heard of is powerconsumption on C/GPU's.

Do you want a powerful computer or worry about the insignificant difference that you're not doing for the environment?

Since a long time now, both CPUs and GPUs live on the concept of "race to idle", they boost-throttle, boost-throttle and so on all the times to give the most performance they can only when really needed.

This is because there are obvious thermal limitations and you can't just run at full throttle (true full throttle) all the time without a VERY serious and expensive upgrade to cooling systems (or triggering thermal throttling and tanking performance hard).

If you don't want your PC/laptop to look like a Mad Max's pimped cars erupting flames from exhausts (and occasionally blowing up), then power management is required.

Leave a comment:

• kalrish
    replied
    One of the most ridiculous concepts Ive ever heard of is powerconsumption on C/GPU's.

Reducing power consumption is not just about cutting down on the electricity bill or helping the environment. High temperatures are generally bad for hardware and electronics. Moreover, if the CPU or GPU is hot, it might be prevented from scaling up, so keeping it cool while idle may well enable boosting it when there's workload.

Leave a comment:

• JonathanM
    replied

AFAIK most energy is used producing components, not using them. If no attempt to lower power consumption was made, mobile devices would run out of energy quickly and computers would be noisier than necessary. So even if you don't care about the environment you should be happy with advances in power management.
    Ah, and not believing in science is most certainly not...

Leave a comment:

• AdamOne
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X