Mesa Benchmarks Post-ReZ RadeonSI Change, Another Game Jumps Up By ~20%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Benchmarks Post-ReZ RadeonSI Change, Another Game Jumps Up By ~20%

Phoronix: Mesa Benchmarks Post-ReZ RadeonSI Change, Another Game Jumps Up By ~20%

Earlier this week was a discovery of a "serious performance fix" For the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver by disabling ReZ. That change landed in Mesa Git already so I ran some before/after benchmarks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like DIRT Showdown no longer works with Mesa git for me too. Just tested on an R9 285.

Comment

I guess bugzilla crying for bisecting result, likely piglits fail somewhere too

And why that padoka has llvm which is 2 weeks old, that is not really up to date

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
        Looks like DIRT Showdown no longer works with Mesa git for me too. Just tested on an R9 285.
        Well "Assault Android Cactus", both Borderlands 2 and Pre-sequel crashes in the 290 with the latest Padoka, this has been the case for two weeks now, last working git update for me was: 16009221. I have no idea how this bisect thing works so if anyone can point me to a nice tutorial I would not mind doing some testing.

Comment

I wouldn't mind doing a bisect, but it was after 1am on a Monday morning when I posted the above, and I have a lot on this week. It will have to wait.

Comment

Michael, did any game lose performance?

Comment

bibaheu well, did you click the Openbenchmarking link to have the question answered for you?
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                bibaheu well, did you click the Openbenchmarking link to have the question answered for you?
                I checked it out now, thanks for reminding me of the complete benchmark on Openbenchmarking.

It seems there are not obvious regressions on Marek's patch

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post

Well "Assault Android Cactus", both Borderlands 2 and Pre-sequel crashes in the 290 with the latest Padoka, this has been the case for two weeks now, last working git update for me was: 16009221. I have no idea how this bisect thing works so if anyone can point me to a nice tutorial I would not mind doing some testing.
                  I saw this link posted here when someone was asking. I bookmarked it but didn't use it, yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X