AMD Catalyst 8.9 Gets WINE Fix, RandR 1.2 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what about fglrx's new libdri.so?

Fedora's package building scripts have been broken for ages, and so I've been trying to updates them manually. However, I'm not sure where the new libdri.so should go. At the moment, I've moved the libdri.so from xorg-x11-server-Xorg into hiding and copied fglrx's one in manually to replace it. But this violates RPM! Is this new libdri.so meant to go somewhere else, please?

Comment

8.9 just failed to recover from an ACPI Suspend.

That's me done with 8.9 - if it doesn't suspend correctly then it's going straight into the dustbin. This is the last entry in Xorg.0.log:
      Code:
      Synaptics DeviceOff called
      (II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
      (EE) fglrx(0): vm86() syscall generated signal 11.
      (II) fglrx(0): EAX=0x0000004f, EBX=0x00004116, ECX=0x00000000, EDX=0x00000000
      (II) fglrx(0): ESP=0x00001000, EBP=0x00000000, ESI=0x00000000, EDI=0x00002000
      (II) fglrx(0): CS=0x0000, SS=0x0100, DS=0x0040, ES=0x0000, FS=0x0000, GS=0x0000
      (II) fglrx(0): EIP=0x00000600, EFLAGS=0x00033202
      (II) fglrx(0): code at 0x00000600:
       f4 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
       00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Comment

Next major fault with Debian Etch:

I made a hotfix as c tool:
        Code:
        #include <sys/types.h>
        #include <sys/stat.h>
        int main(int argc, char **argv) {
        chmod("/dev/dri/card0", 0666);
        return 0;
        }
        which could be set to root:root and chmod 4755 and put into autostart, but then BERYL is still not working with Xorg 7.1.1. It worked before (just without water effect). So not only permissions are broken but even more. Too funny that wine works with it

Comment

Woohoo! BIG improvements for me on my HD4850:
          - 32-bit ET:QW on 64-bit OS WORKS - for me, this is the turning point between the driver being "not good" and "good with caveats"
          - Wine is fixed! Yay! The 3d games I've tried so far haven't responded well though, but that was in my 64-bit OS - will need to do some more solid testing.
          - On a more minor note, looks like the debian packaging problems have been fixed. I haven't tried uninstalling yet, but 8.9 only sets up diverts for the libGL (and now libdri) files themselves, not the symlinks (which seemed to be the problem before).

Comment

Not building under Debian sid x64

I have had no luck building the latest drivers,nor finding a solution on the net.Here is what I get:
            Code:
            dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XFlush used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_gamma.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
            dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextAddDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_gamma.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
            dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XReply used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_gamma.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
            dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextRemoveDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_gamma.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
            dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextCreateExtension used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_gamma.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
            dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextFindDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libfglrx_gamma.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
            dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XFlush used by debian/fglrx-driver/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libfglrx_pp.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
            dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextAddDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libfglrx_pp.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
            dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XReply used by debian/fglrx-driver/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libfglrx_pp.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
            dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextRemoveDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libfglrx_pp.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
            dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextCreateExtension used by debian/fglrx-driver/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libfglrx_pp.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
            dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextFindDisplay used by debian/fglrx-driver/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libfglrx_pp.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
            dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: couldn't find library libstdc++.so.5 needed by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 (its RPATH is '').
            Note: libraries are not searched in other binary packages that do not have any shlibs or symbols file.
            To help dpkg-shlibdeps find private libraries, you might need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
            dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 512
            make: *** [binary] Error 1
            dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
            Any suggestions?

Comment

apt-get install ia32-libs libstdc++5

Comment

I was missing the libstdc++5 package.Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Odur View Post
                  I too got a HD3870, and I can't switch users without getting a hard lock. Would you mind testing that?
                  User switch locks for me, too.

Comment

Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
                    User switch locks for me, too.
                    Does it lock even when you boot without splash=silent (grub) and without loading atieventsd (/etc/rc5.d)? Haven't tried 8.9 driver yet but this workaround solved the problem for me with 8.8 and earlier driver versions.

Comment

Does this still need 'Enable unused/obsoleted exported symbols' in the kernel?

Comment

Working...
                      X