No announcement yet.

Marek Has Taken To Improving Mesa's GLSL Compiler Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't have to be a big speed-improvement, the most important thing is that a mechanism is now in place, will not be a bottleneck during more hardware getting implemented with Linux and future software.

Rejoice!

Comment

Marek for president!

Comment

Does anyone know who Marek works for? Is it Intel? I have a difficult time discovering it.

Comment

Originally posted by adila01 View Post
          Does anyone know who Marek works for? Is it Intel? I have a difficult time discovering it.
          It's only been mentioned on Phoronix DOZENS of times.... AMD.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            It's only been mentioned on Phoronix DOZENS of times.... AMD.
            Just googled it for fun:
            For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

The first result for me is this article:
            Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Doesn't seem to be too hard to find this info

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post

Just googled it for fun:
              For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

The first result for me is this article:
              http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTQyNDc

Doesn't seem to be too hard to find this info
              I just googled his name alone "marek olsak" and the same article was the 1st one to pop up.

For fun i tried the same with bing and duck duck go. Both have the same article listed on the 1st page of results, and bing has the first result a link to an AMD business profile.

So now I'm really confused about how adila01 could have possibly had any difficulty at all discovering this.
              Last edited by smitty3268; 09 October 2016, 05:05 PM.

Comment

adila01 probably looked at mail adress on mesa-dev, so he can't conclude nothing there from private mareo

Comment

maraeo at gmail actualy, so who is he

Comment

If he actually read the article to get to the mailing list (which I concluded he did not), he should have read the first sentence:
                    With catching up on the OpenGL extensions, Marek Olšák of AMD[...]
                    I really need to know what he searched for, it's almost impossible to not get the info

Comment

i wander which relative impact on fps could have each of faster compiler, background theads compiler and shader cache

Comment

Working...
                      X