Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Benchmarks Of The Linux 4.9 DRM-Next Radeon/AMDGPU Drivers

Phoronix: Early Benchmarks Of The Linux 4.9 DRM-Next Radeon/AMDGPU Drivers

While Linux 4.9 will not officially open for development until next week, the DRM-Next code is ready to roll with all major feature work having been committed by the different open-source Direct Rendering Manager drivers. In this article is some preliminary testing of this DRM-Next code as of 29 September when testing various AMD GPUs with the Radeon and AMDGPU DRM drivers.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any plans for refreshed radv benchmarks with Talos?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
      Any plans for refreshed radv benchmarks with Talos?
      yes in the next week or so
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

RX 480 gets 90-ish FPS in CSGO at 4K. Pretty good. I'm gonna game at 1080p for a while longer, so it appears the open source driver will be enough for me. (Btw, has CSGO fixed the multicore rendering bug, or the audio hangup bug yet?)

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
          RX 480 gets 90-ish FPS in CSGO at 4K. Pretty good. I'm gonna game at 1080p for a while longer, so it appears the open source driver will be enough for me. (Btw, has CSGO fixed the multicore rendering bug, or the audio hangup bug yet?)
          You should be getting better than 90 at 4K maxed out. What sort of CPU are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post

You should be getting better than 90 at 4K maxed out. What sort of CPU are you running?
            I'm not getting anything yet (it hasn't arrived), I was talking about Michael's benches.

Comment

It would be neat to include benches of amdgpu vs radeon on SI hardware. I've been running amdgpu on Tahiti for a bit, with good results and small gains in a few games I play.

Comment

There's SI card in this article, r9 370 it's pitcairn chip IIRC

Comment

I believe the 370 is running with radeon in both cases (4.8, 4.9) though...
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    I believe the 370 is running with radeon in both cases (4.8, 4.9) though...
                    Correct. Next article is GCN 1.0/1.1 with AMDGPU vs. Radeon on 4.9.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X