No announcement yet.

RADV Vulkan Driver Can Now Correctly Render Talos Principle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually I just pushed a fix to support srgb and unorm to the branch, it works with talos and dota2 now.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      I don't fully understand why the development of this is so fast (compared to how OpenGL specs are so slow)
      opengl specs are much larger and radv reuses much of already written code for opengl or for other drivers

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        opengl specs are much larger and radv reuses much of already written code for opengl or for other drivers
        Mostly low level code like Gallium. Probably same functions - different names.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
          Would it be possible to run these benchmarks with the ultra setting, or is radv not yet able to do that?
          Looking at haagch video (and ignoring bright picture), there are some artifacts so still misrender on ultra

Comment

No need to ignore the bright picture now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GltTu_BA7rc

Yes, ultra gpu speed is still buggy. The rest looks okay. Frame times on high are pretty bad. :/

Comment

This is awesome. Seems like I'll be able to use both GPUs to render games sooner than expected!

Comment

I see that some people can run Talos with a 7970...

Do the game work or just the benchmark? I ask because I tried and well, the menu work fine in Vulkan but it crash when I try to start to game to play. I did not try the bench mode as I have about 30% chance of getting a system wide crash.

Most vulkan demo and the totally useless vulkan triangle I programmed work fine.

Comment

Edit??

The problem I got seam to come from amdgpu. Talos is still crashy on OpenGL. It's playable but exiting Menus sometime will kill X.

Will go look to fix that.

Sep 27 17:44:43 Tanith kernel: WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 3794 at drivers/gpu/drm/drm_irq.c:1168 drm_vblank_put+0xa7/0xb0 [drm]
                  Sep 27 17:44:43 Tanith kernel: drm_kms_helper snd_pcm cfbfillrect cfbimgblt cfbcopyarea snd_timer ttm r8169 snd drm mii soundcore i2c_core syscopyarea sysfillrect sysimgblt fb_sys_fops backlight fb fbdev unix
                  Sep 27 17:44:43 Tanith kernel: [<ffffffffa0089337>] drm_vblank_put+0xa7/0xb0 [drm]
                  Sep 27 17:44:43 Tanith kernel: [<ffffffffa0089352>] drm_crtc_vblank_put+0x12/0x20 [drm]
                  Sep 27 17:44:43 Tanith kernel: [<ffffffffa00a2c37>] drm_mode_page_flip_ioctl+0x1b7/0x490 [drm]
                  Sep 27 17:44:43 Tanith kernel: [<ffffffffa0087f35>] drm_ioctl+0x225/0x4c0 [drm]
                  Sep 27 17:44:43 Tanith kernel: [<ffffffffa00a2a80>] ? drm_mode_cursor2_ioctl+0x10/0x10 [drm]
                  Sep 27 17:44:43 Tanith kernel: [<ffffffffa0212047>] amdgpu_drm_ioctl+0x47/0x80 [amdgpu]

Comment

My result with windows, yes windows opengl is slower,
                    full hd, high\med\high\none (most high and stable settings for me)
                    Linux Windows
                    OpenGL 72 57
                    Vulkan 111 135
                    dx11 144

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Looking at haagch video (and ignoring bright picture), there are some artifacts so still misrender on ultra

Thanks for the response.
                      Yup, no point in looking at performance too closely until it renders everything properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X