No announcement yet.

More AMD PowerPlay Fixes Queued For Linux 4.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU model dees not metter if it sit much lower then on windows... with CPU bound i usually mean app scenario and driver is generally more CPU bound then it should be, so there is no what to feed your GPU enough to be used more.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      CPU model dees not metter if it sit much lower then on windows... with CPU bound i usually mean app scenario and driver is generally more CPU bound then it should be, so there is no what to feed your GPU enough to be used more.
      Ah, I see. Tomorrow I might see if I can look at CPU and GPU monitoring options while running the AMDGPU Pro stack with Dying Light, and compare the results to Windows.

Well, on Windows I already know both GPUs are maxed out because I can see the LEDs on both cards fully light up. But on AMDGPU (with either Mesa or proprietary user space - it doesn't matter) those LEDs don't work properly so I can't tell at a glance. That's another issue with the Fury X GNU/Linux drivers right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Harry's talk is more about the DAL component itself - everyone is buried working on new HW support right now so I expect we'll get back to upstreaming in a month or two.
        Wait, what new hardware support?

Comment

boltronics you can try radeontop, i have GPU which is not supported by pro driver by now so i don't know for sure but it may work.

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
            export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=5.0
            export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT
            second assignment overwrites first one, remove it

Comment

Always watch CPU with GL, there are tramendious amount of CPU bound games... Vulkan is not invented for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
                No, it's a component in the free software stack and the hybrid stack
                i know and you can't contrapose it to free software stack

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  second assignment overwrites first one, remove it
                  Ahh.. yes, what an oversight that was. For some reason I had it in my mind that I was using two different environment variables.

However, commenting the second line makes no difference (aside from removing the OpenGL version pop-up warning from the game completely). The screen remains completely black, but I can hear the audio. I have the Steam overlay with the FPS counter and I can see different frame rates showing for the intro video and the main menu (which can be brought up by hitting space twice with about a second or more between each press). I can then exit the game cleanly by hitting Escape followed by Enter. So all game behaviour seems normal except no picture.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    i know and you can't contrapose it to free software stack
                    I never meant to, as I already clarified above.

Comment

boltronics... and you should override GLSL rather than GL:
                      Code:
                      MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450
                      GLSL and GL will be on the same level.

Comment

Working...
                      X