Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    amdgpu is the free software stack
    No, it's a component in the free software stack and the hybrid stack. The hybrid stack can play Dying Light, but the performance is a joke. Unplayable basically on a Fury X at lowest detail and resolution. I assume the optimisation needs to happen in Mesa, but until enough of OpenGL is implemented there to run it, it's hard to know for sure.

Comment

boltronics
      any sources about DL needs OGL4.4?

and...read this:
      Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

only one left to 4.4

And amdgpu IS full open & free software for sure, you was talking about amdgpu-pro

Comment

"Joke" translates to which amount of fps? Searhing around a bit people seems to get around 20-40 fps on 980Ti

Comment

Bridgman got unapproved posts, i can't edit, TF2 lockup GPUs on radeonsi... that is reality

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
          The hybrid stack can play Dying Light, but the performance is a joke. Unplayable basically on a Fury X at lowest detail and resolution.
          "Joke" translates to which amount of fps? Searhing around a bit people seems to get around 20-40 fps on 980Ti

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            did you try to override mesa gl version?
            Sure did! I renamed DyingLightGame to DyingLightGame.bin, and created a new DyingLightGame script with execute permissions and the following content:

Code:
            #!/bin/bash

export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=5.0
            export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT

"${0}.bin" ${@}
            No difference. Well, it does change the core profile compatibility warning at launch, but the symptom is exactly the same. Blank screen, with audio playing in the background, or a crash.

OpenGL 4.5 is available on Intel... maybe I should try that? Can't be any worse!

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
              boltronics
              And amdgpu IS full open & free software for sure, you was talking about amdgpu-pro
              In my first post, correct. I somehow missed the "Pro". Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                I don't think I've seen it hit 30 FPS. Averages around 24 FPS at 1366x768 with all detail settings turned off or at minimum, and drops down to about 19 when there's enough action on the screen.

Activating most options doesn't really change performance all that much... maybe around 4 FPS or thereabouts, but you have to switch everything off anyway because the FPS is already so low.

Under Windows I get around 120 to 150 FPS on the same machine at 2560x1440 with all detail maxed out and all graphical options activated. That's with two-way Crossfire, but even if you cut that in half and said 60 FPS minimum (unlikely it would be that low since Crossfire doesn't typically result in double the performance), that's still a massive difference. It's easily the difference between being unplayable, and being enjoyable.

For a game that has so much first-person parkour in it, 24 FPS is basically unplayable. Technically I could finish it, but it is not fun to try at all. I tried, got around 40% of the way through the game, and got so fed up with the performance and sometimes dying because of it that I gave up and installed Windows. If it's this slow on a Fury X, anyone running any other AMD card wouldn't stand a chance playing this game.

Also the Windows build of Dying Light has added various options from Nvidia which were all turned on as well, despite using AMD.

Comment

OK that just sound it is CPU bound, there goes usual - crying to be for profiled

Comment

He, he, latest Windows driver 16.9.2 show us Linux profiles of future pro driver actually

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-software-crimson-16-9-2-driver-download.html

So there is a FreeSync profiles, then ETS2, Tomb Raider... updated for CoH2 and Talos (that is what i am going to try now ) .

As you see everything is CPU bound there

Added to the profiles for Cinnamon, Compiz, Steamcompmgr, Nautilus, Unitygreeter, Metacity, Kwin and GnomeShell
                    (Developer software?)
                    "Developer software" indeed Yeah, disable FS for all of incorrect compositors

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                      OK that just sound it is CPU bound, there goes usual - crying to be for profiled
                      Maybe, but I'm running an overclocked i7-6700k (@4.6GHz, up from 4GHz stock). Regardless of what's happening, it's not good.

I just upgraded libdrm, xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu and Mesa all from git (master branch), and built a 4.8.0-rc7 Linux kernel and grabbed the latest Fiji firmware from the linux-firmware repo. No progress on this issue, but that's to be expected since I build all these components regularly.

Comment

Working...
                      X