More AMD PowerPlay Fixes Queued For Linux 4.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    What does Dying Light still need to run? OpenGL 4.5 core support is virtually complete at this point.

Dying Light requires OpenGL 4.4 apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Oh boy, unapproved again. I'm so lucky.
      Post hasn't appeared yet so will retype for now - just saying that tomorrow's DAL presentation is more of a walkthrough of design etc.., not announcing secret plans for upstreaming or new features. Everyone is busy with new HW support at the moment (and probably for the next month or so).
      Test signature

Comment

Hey, my last post was still unapproved so I retyped it from memory, and that one was unapproved as well

Something is seriously borked with the forum SW though... what it shows is:

- the post before this
        - message saying following posts are on the next page
        - my unapproved post
        - another message saying following posts are on the next page
        - this post

Anyways, what I have been trying to say is that Harry's talk will be focusing on DAL design & operation with a walk-through of the core functions... he won't be revealing any secret plans for upstreaming or releasing new features. Everyone is busy working on new HW support right now, although that should hopefully start to change in a month or two.
        Last edited by bridgman; 23 September 2016, 03:12 AM.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Hey, my last post was still unapproved so I retyped it from memory, and that one was unapproved as well

Something is seriously borked with the forum SW though... what it shows is:

- the post before this
          - message saying following posts are on the next page
          - my unapproved post
          - another message saying following posts are on the next page
          - this post
          Ask Micheal to try to change your status in some way maybe, with some vB versions even moderators can't post

Hi all, am running version 5.1.5 and am encountering a strange error. When I post, there is a box in the lower left corner that says it's "unapproved" and the post shows up in green. I have admin and

Comment

I recently did not compiled aes i think in my kernel and forum was slowmo for loading new page these scripts whatever... and i think i got unapproved there too, not sure in that but some lag if you have there might be a reason.

Or browser cache too if you use that, there might be lot of junk there making collisions

Comment

He, he, those unapproved posts hurts normal Bridgman's behavior... i think there is nothing more rude there thXn that

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
                ...just maybe we can finally run Dying Light on the free software stack
                *bursts in tears and runs to hide in a dark corner*

This game is not available in your country... E.g. gog closed sales for certain customers 2 days after the announcement. You can't even "find" the game anymore on gog with the wrong (geo)IP, same on Humble. Thus a good bunch of people is region-locked out of this nice Zombie game, no matter of their OpenGL implementation level. :'(

Looking forward to the DAL presentation and any possible news on that "new HW support" (likely Vega, Raven Ridge, Zen) that AMD people are hacking currently.

Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

I'd rather more focus be spent on finishing off the Mesa OpenGL features so maybe, just maybe we can finally run Dying Light on the free software stack, hopefully with much better performance than AMDGPU (which is basically unplayable even on a Fury X).
                  amdgpu is the free software stack

Comment

Dying Light requires OpenGL 4.4 apparently.
                    did you try to override mesa gl version?

Comment

Nice. It seems AMD removed a lot of duplicated code in this PR.

Comment

Working...
                      X