Linux+Mesa Git Remains Problematic For Some Regressed R9 290 GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomsymbol

Does the following script increase Borderlands performance to 50-60 FPS?

Code:
    for DIR in /sys/class/drm/card?/device; do
    FILE="$DIR/power_dpm_force_performance_level"
    if [[ -f "$FILE" ]]; then
    echo high > "$FILE"
    fi
    done
    I have tried that before, all I manage to do is to make the fan louder and make the card crash after an hour.

It doesn't matter what you do on a R9 290 the performance behaves as if there is some cap somewhere.

Metro 2033 = 27fps, Metro Last Light = 27fps, Borderlands 2 = 27fps, Borderlands the pre-sequel = 27fps, The Witcher 2 = 27fps

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post

At the beginning of Tundra Express, you have a wide open view over the location. That's my CPU-limited spot. I get 25 fps when looking over the view. It can drop to 18 fps when transitioning to and from aiming down the sights. There are 4000 draw calls per frame.
      I get fluctuating fps too every now and then, but this is not what I'm complaining about, my complain is that in windows using the same card, same cpu, the performance of AAA games in a R9 290 (my R9 290) is brilliant, while on Linux max FPS is 27fps... from 120fps max settings to 27fps = rubbish.

And please do not take this as a rant, I'm not ranting, I'm just describing my experience, I'm quite happy about the progress made in the graphics front.

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post
        Metro 2033 = 27fps, Metro Last Light = 27fps, Borderlands 2 = 27fps, Borderlands the pre-sequel = 27fps, The Witcher 2 = 27fps
        Good that we don't have FRTC, otherwise that would be my 27fps guess

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post
          It doesn't matter what you do on a R9 290 the performance behaves as if there is some cap somewhere.

You can try to run one of the games with "GALLIUM_HUD=shader-clock,memory-clock" and see if the clocks aren't too low

Comment

Working...
          X