No announcement yet.

How install AMDGPU on my R9 270x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Package I created two DAYS ago*, not two weeks (can't edit the post).

BTW take a closer look at the two patches I add for dpm_si. I add them because my screen flickers without them. If your screen doesn't flicker at your normal resolution, just comment them out.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

With arch linux you need to constantly update to have a non tested system
      Clearly you don't know what you're talking about, because packages that actually need some testing prior to pushing to users (like the Kernel) go through the [Testing] Repositories before being available at [Extra], [Core], or whatever their respective repos are. Besides, whenever upstream introduces bugs (like when KDE is transitioning) almost all distros will receive them equally.

Debian testing is way more stable and easier to maintain
      Debian Testing can be just as easy to maintain: "sudo pacman -Syu" for Arch, and "sudo apt update && apt upgrade" for Debian (obviously the commands for Arch are simpler). However, once a bug slips through Sid, Testing users can be without a working system for months if they can't mix Jessie/Sid together (via sources.list and apt-preferences, which also is not so smart of a system) or don't know how to chroot through a live CD. While on Arch, this almost never happens. I've been using Arch for more than 3 years and not once was I prevented from booting or had a major system bug. Ever. In fact, I've had less problems running Arch for +3years than running Debian Stable for 2 weeks, Testing for 2 months, Sid for 1 week, and Ubuntu for 10 minutes.

thanks to Debian packaging system where you can update every day or.twice in a year
      You can do that on Arch too.

Reverting to back is easy too
      Just as well as in Arch, I guess. "sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/older-package.tar.xz".

if you want to try Debian mesa, Padoka ppa, Oipaf ppa or Gallium Nine. It does not matter if mesa is week or two old. Padoka ppa does daily packages from git.
      Which was not my original comment anyways, it was about the LLVM version he/she uses, which some users reported here to be 2 weeks old, while on Arch it's updated every 6 hours.

Comment

Debian has ,more users and testers and many fast servers around the world. Debian is supported by HP servers:

My small kid use Debian testing Xfce, Nasa uses Debian.
        I don't care if NASA uses it or not, IMO it's not up-to-par with Arch's quality despite on having only ~37 developers and the other having thousands.

In Debian you have graphical tools, you update with Synaptic, so you can choose what to update and delete packages that you do not need. Gdebi is for installing local .deb files.
        Flash news for you: Arch does too. It's just that the majority of us Arch users don't give a flying crap about graphical tools. If the user wants one, however, there are options out there.

You do not much improve software in 6 hours and if you can not wait 2 weeks for better drivers, use win10.
        Oh, the same-old "argument" of "go to Windows". A Classic from Debianxfce. Please bring more of those, it's very entertaining

Comment

Working...
        X