MrCooper
    Yes, it was amdgpu ddx. In xorg log i've found this:
    Code:
    [  1059.341] (WW) AMDGPU(0): flip queue failed: Invalid argument
    [  1059.341] (WW) AMDGPU(0): Page flip failed: Invalid argument
    [  1166.328] (WW) AMDGPU(0): flip queue failed: Invalid argument
    [  1166.328] (WW) AMDGPU(0): Page flip failed: Invalid argument
    [  1166.328] (EE) AMDGPU(0): present flip failed
    and like the Pontostroy said, only heavy apps causes problems.
    Lightmsark is even faster on amdgpu 647 fps (~570 for radeon)

I've tried valley and there is somthing new in dmesg(xorg looks normal):
    Code:
    [ 3245.415903] [drm:amdgpu_cs_ioctl [amdgpu]] *ERROR* ttm_eu_reserve_buffers failed.
    [ 3275.406484] [drm:amdgpu_cs_ioctl [amdgpu]] *ERROR* ttm_eu_reserve_buffers failed.
    Is there any sense to open bug report for not-yet-committed SI support?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      radeonsi is the userspace Mesa driver... it won't change at all other than calling down into libdrm-amdgpu and amdgpu kernel driver instead of calling down into libdrm-radeon (actually it might bypass the libdrm and use IOCTLs directly, I forget) and radeon kernel driver. The radeonsi driver already works with both radeon and amdgpu kernel drivers today.
      I messed up with the module names. My point was that the code for GCN 1 already exists in the kernel. It was written by you not long ago. So I suppose it must be easy to move it into the amdgpu module. Unless you plan to rewrite the whole thing.

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Is your concern more related to gaming (where open drivers are starting to outrun the closed drivers) or OpenCL availability ?
      Indeed my interest is to to run some games I have in steam. I need the PRO driver for that.

Thank you for taking time to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
        I messed up with the module names. My point was that the code for GCN 1 already exists in the kernel. It was written by you not long ago. So I suppose it must be easy to move it into the amdgpu module. Unless you plan to rewrite the whole thing.
        Sure, but the radeon and amdgpu drivers are architected quite differently (amdgpu is organized around individual HW blocks while radeon is organized by chip generation, and the IOCTLs are quite different), so the code had to be reorganized significantly even if it wasn't "rewritten".

The code was moved and reorganized a while ago... the rest of the time has been spent making it actually *work*.

Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
        Indeed my interest is to to run some games I have in steam. I need the PRO driver for that.
        Just curious, what games do you feel you need the PRO driver for these days ? In most cases the open source driver has caught up and in some cases is faster now.
        Last edited by bridgman; 31 August 2016, 07:34 PM.
        Test signature

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
            Hi

Can you please report to bugs.freedesktop.org issue with steam/mist flickering from your Metro video?

Comment

What flickering?

Comment

haagch
                The narrow FOV makes me nauseous and I can barely see anything. Really have to look into how to play with a bigger FOV.With SMAA it is really not smooth, so ...

At 7:30, fog in the options screen is flickering. It is probably old regression from pre OpenGL 4 ages . I saw this in non-redux Metro LL, but had no time to dig in llvm/mesa in those days.

clintar
                I'm not familiar with opencl stuff because i don't need it. If you give me a tip for easy to install/bench opencl app (working on radeon+radeonsi) I believe I can do this I think catalyst can be easly restored to my system too. Something from PTS is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                X