No announcement yet.

Open-Source Radeon Vulkan Driver Now Can Run Dota 2 With Correct Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so intel drivers won't work with dota 2 and amd vulkan non free driver never comes to opensource

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
      so intel drivers won't work with dota 2 and amd vulkan non free driver never comes to opensource
      I think it's a bit too early to say either of those things.

Comment

I somehow even think it is very early for Vulkan in whole too, as there are even more software using Mantle

Comment

That is an incredible work. Are they reusing the LLVM part of radeonsi?

Comment

Congratulations on the hard work

Comment

@dungeon

Mantle is basically dead for new games, there are just older ones most likely don't get an update, so the number does not matter at all. Vulkan is much more interesting for game engines as new Android 7 devices have to support it - that means about 1 year from now there will be maybe 10% of all Android devices with Vulkan support - much more than Steam Linux users with Vulkan capable cards. You can see the current Linux Vulkan ports as test bed for Android ports. It will be very interesting to see what the new Nintendo NX will use, i hope they support Vulkan too. It would be nice if some port their games to a new engine with Vulkan support and release em for Linux too. Especially for AMD users this could lead to a performance boost - Nvidia may need more time till next chip for full acceleration but OpenGL is usually faster with Nvidia already - depending on the CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                Mantle is basically dead for new games, there are just older ones most likely don't get an update, so the number does not matter at all.
                It matters, because number of Vulkan games Today is lower then Mantle... i can even say Vulkan+DirectX 12 together is lower, tking into account what is currently released

And of course - future is future, whatever that is Wii U hopped for beautiful future and high salaires, but it does not meet expectation Same with Linus, he maded it for Desktop, but it ended up on servers, etc...

Comment

AMD maded Mantle as low level console like API for PC, but most of it ended up in DirectX 12 and Vulkan

Comment

Working...
                  X