Southern Islands AMDGPU Support Almost Ready To Roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
    Unless they actually made it work in one/two weeks.
    Well, I think a lot is just ported over from the radeon kernel module. At least dpm is. So the driver has been mostly complete for a while. It's just relatively small bug fixes that are needed to make everything work now.

Comment

• Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      You have plenty of evidences on fdo bugzilla, just visit it
      i have no access to fdo bugzilla from 2018

Comment

• Good job AMD.
        looks like my laptop will get the amdgpu pro soon. Oh yeah, this reminds me of something. The amd gpu pro will come to fedora/RHEL right? Currently I am using fedora. I am okay with swtiching to other distros, but I prefer to stay. There's no reason to not support fedora/RHEL right?

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          i have no access to fdo bugzilla from 2018
          Just turn the brain on and you are there

Comment

* xf86-video-amdgpu-si;
            Did you try to use xf86-video-modesetting instead of xf86-video-amdgpu-si or xf86-video-amdgpu?

Comment

• Originally posted by neatnoise View Post

Did you try to use xf86-video-modesetting instead of xf86-video-amdgpu-si or xf86-video-amdgpu?
              Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using their amdgpu-si counterpart?

Comment

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using their amdgpu-si counterpart?
                modesetting does 2D acceleration by calling OpenGL (3D). So it should offload to whatever is the OpenGL provider in that PC.

Comment

• Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  Just turn the brain on and you are there
                  when i do such experiment bugzilla is empty

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Hmm... not sure where that info came from but it is absolutely not correct. The AMDGPU PRO package includes both userspace and kernel drivers.
                    I could be wrong about this, but it's probably because the AUR package doesn't build the DKMS part by default since people who actually use AMDGPU-PRO already have support (VI and CI) in upstream Kernel already?

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                      if by "no one notice it" you meant developers, then still no developer with ancient hardware used it
                      Is that how it works? If a developer doesn't use it, he/she is not able to fix it? Because when using an analogy for something else, it's like saying: "A consumer reported a problem on an old version of a car we don't support anymore (this is a car manufacturer or a mechanic shop), the reported problem is that oil is leaking from "Pipe A". But since we don't have that car here, we can't say how to fix it". This doesn't make much sense because car manufacturers and mechanics would at least have a very accurate guess, something like "that car model has a very weak o-ring at pipe A, at least I could tell the person to look replace it".

Shouldn't that be applied to software developers too? They don't use the card, but they have access to source code and should be able to identify what the problem is and push possible patches for the user to try.

Comment

Working...
                      X