No announcement yet.

amd-staging-4.6 for Fedora 24 (AMDGPU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, same problem for me with a RX470.

Works fine with 4.9.13-20170306.amd.fc25.x86_64, but not with 4.9.13-20170309.amd.fc25.x86_64

Comment

• I just updated to 4.9.15-20170313.amd.fc25.x86_64 and it's fixed
      Thanks again Mystro256 for your repository.

Comment

• Have any of you guys got surround sound working through HDMI or DisplayPort? I've rebased the latest amd-staging against 4.9.16. With my RX 480 and a DP/HDMI adapter, basic audio works but neither raw ALSA nor PulseAudio will do surround, whether it's LPCM or Dolby/DTS pass-through. I am on familiar ground here as I had completely working surround with my old HD 4670 and before I switched to amd-staging, I was using my onboard coaxial S/PDIF. The data under /proc/asound shows that it has detected surround capability, it's just not actually doing it and pavucontrol is not showing the usual tickboxes to enable pass-through.
        Last edited by Chewi; 19 March 2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by finalzone View Post
          I just updated to 4.9.14-20170313. Lockup at the beginning of gdm login screen suggesting a regression somewhere. Last known working version is 4.9.13-20170308. Restoring radeon module works fine, suggesting amdgpu issues on the latest 4.9.x series.
          Indeed I had this issue too, but updating to the latest snapshot seems fine. I deleted the broken snapshot soon after testing it just in case someone else got it... although you might have been unlucking in timing

As well, as a heads up for anyone else who is using this kernel, fedora will be updating to kernel 4.10 soon, but this kernel will be staying at 4.9 for now.
          So when you update, I suggest doing the following to stay up to date:

Code:
          sudo dnf update -x kernel*
          sudo dnf update --disablerepo=updates

Comment

• Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

Indeed I had this issue too, but updating to the latest snapshot seems fine. I deleted the broken snapshot soon after testing it just in case someone else got it... although you might have been unlucking in timing
            Speaking about being unlucky, latest snapshot 4.9.15-20170313 also froze on gdm login screen when running on my AMD hybrid laptop. 4.9.16 just got released and I will test it again. For now, 4.9.13-20170308 runs fine.

Patched for AMD hybrid GPU was merged on Kernel 4.10 so when you get the chance, you can build a testing version to see if it will make difference on my hardware. Thanks.

Comment

Speaking about being unlucky, latest snapshot 4.9.15-20170313 also froze on gdm login screen when running on my AMD hybrid laptop. 4.9.16 just got released and I will test it again. For now, 4.9.13-20170308 runs fine.

Patched for AMD hybrid GPU was merged on Kernel 4.10 so when you get the chance, you can build a testing version to see if it will make difference on my hardware. Thanks.
              Kernel 4.10.3 is currently in updates testing if you want to try it out. It has a WLAN bug, but that should be sorted out before it hits the stable updates repo, it should be fixed for 4.10.4. You can take a look at the proposed update if you want: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/upda...017-e8e717e2b7.

Comment

Kernel 4.10.3 is currently in updates testing if you want to try it out. It has a WLAN bug, but that should be sorted out before it hits the stable updates repo, it should be fixed for 4.10.4. You can take a look at the proposed update if you want: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/upda...017-e8e717e2b7.
                Testing kernel 4.10.4 seems fine expect the obvious disabled amdgpu support for both CIk and SI hardware and regression related to temperature while doing heavy tasks. My laptop likes amdgpu driver the best rather the radeon. I will try 4.9.16 when it will come.

Comment

Testing kernel 4.10.4 seems fine expect the obvious disabled amdgpu support for both CIk and SI hardware and regression related to temperature while doing heavy tasks. My laptop likes amdgpu driver the best rather the radeon. I will try 4.9.16 when it will come.
                  Seems like copr is really bogged down right now, I had to do a manual upload to get it to work. It's currently pending for build:

If this doesn't fix your issue, it's likely a regression in the staging kernel between March 8th and 13th, which should be reported.

Comment

If this doesn't fix your issue, it's likely a regression in the staging kernel between March 8th and 13th, which should be reported.
                    Staged kernel from 20170320 works now pinpointing that version dating from March 13th was the offender

Comment

Staged kernel from 20170320 works now pinpointing that version dating from March 13th was the offender
                      Good to hear it was fixed for you. Feel free to let me know if you have any issues in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X