amd-staging-4.6 for Fedora 24 (AMDGPU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kgonzales View Post

And of course after the upgrade, not a single one of my games in Steam runs lol. Oh well.
    Perhaps it's Wayland? You can always try switching to the Xorg session in GDM if you're using GNOME.

Originally posted by Grim85 View Post

I am running F25 and it's all good. Vulkan works on Talos and Dota2.

Now if AMD staging could just rebase to kernel 4.8, we'd really be all set for F25
    Nice! I need to try it on the weekend; I haven't had time to upgrade from F24 yet.

Re-basing would be nice, but my biggest hope is that DAL makes it into the mainline kernel within the next 6 months, which would make this kernel obsolete for me.

Comment

• The system freezes I was getting appear to be fixed in the 20161128 build

cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Grim85 View Post
        The system freezes I was getting appear to be fixed in the 20161128 build

cheers
        Nice!

Comment

• For anyone still using this kernel, both the staging git and fedora's kernel have been rebased to 4.9. I have sent out an update, but knowing copr, it may take a while for things to build:

Note that I cannot guarantee this will work well on F24, as I'm using the F25 codebase/patch-set to build both, so a word of caution to F24 users.

Comment

• Thank you Mystro !
            I will use it.

Comment

• I'll try it tonight.

Comment

• Awesome! Looking forward to not adding --exclude=kernel* to my update cycles

Comment

• Sorry guys, it's a little bit OT, but I need a hint.
                  Can you play sound through DP with this kernel?
                  I'm building myself the DC code from the branch amd-staging-4.9 but I canno't set up the audio.
                  I'm on Debian sid.

Comment

• Cool, thanks Mystro!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grim85 View Post
                      Awesome! Looking forward to not adding --exclude=kernel* to my update cycles
                      Haha, me too.

Originally posted by lorenzoz View Post
                      Sorry guys, it's a little bit OT, but I need a hint.
                      Can you play sound through DP with this kernel?
                      I'm building myself the DC code from the branch amd-staging-4.9 but I canno't set up the audio.
                      I'm on Debian sid.
                      I can confirm that this kernel allows audio over dp and hdmi on my RX480 with Fedora. I can't say much about Debian, as I've never built a kernel for it. I would assume results should be similar. Make sure you're enabling the KCONFIG option CONFIG_DRM_AMD_DC, as the audio won't work without it.

Comment

Working...
                      X