amd-staging-4.6 for Fedora 24 (AMDGPU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grim85 View Post
    Did you end up turning on RADV for the mesa 13 final?

When I try to switch to Vulkan in the Talos princle it crashes out
    Yes, but you need to install the sub package "mesa-libvulkan-radeon" as described in the installation instructions.

I haven't tried it yet, so I can't comment on if it works. A quick test of a previous git build seemed to crash Talos if switched to Vulkan, but I haven't had time to look into it since.

Comment

• Mystro256 Since kernel 4.7.10-xxx, HDMI audio isn't working anymore on my RX470. Have you this problem too?
      HDMI audio works with 4.7.9-20161017.amd.fc24.x86_64.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitecat View Post
        Mystro256 Since kernel 4.7.10-xxx, HDMI audio isn't working anymore on my RX470. Have you this problem too?
        HDMI audio works with 4.7.9-20161017.amd.fc24.x86_64.
        No I can't reproduce this

I assume the issue started happening with 20161021? There was a lot of updates to DAL on the 21st, so it's possible they broke something.

I would recommend posting on the mailing list:

And say one of these commits broke audio for you:

Comment

• Is there a way to manually install the "4.7.10-20161021.amd.fc24" from your repo ? In order to check that this is the first bad version.

Comment

Is there a way to manually install the "4.7.10-20161021.amd.fc24" from your repo ? In order to check that this is the first bad version.
            yes you can:

Code:
            sudo dnf install kernel-4.7.10-20161021.amd.fc24
            By default, dnf will keep only three kernels installed at a time (it removes the oldest when you install a new one)... I think there's an option to override this.

I recommend you find the build that breaks it if possible, that way if they missed it, the linux team can find the issue and fix it:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
              yes you can:
              Code:
              sudo dnf install kernel-4.7.10-20161021.amd.fc24
              Unfortunately:
              Code:
              # dnf install kernel-4.7.10-20161021.amd.fc24
              Last metadata expiration check: 0:17:04 ago on Tue Nov  8 13:09:22 2016.
              No package kernel-4.7.10-20161021.amd.fc24 available.
              Error: Unable to find a match.

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
              By default, dnf will keep only three kernels installed at a time (it removes the oldest when you install a new one)... I think there's an option to override this.
              Yeah I knew that, thx.

Comment

Unfortunately:
                Code:
                # dnf install kernel-4.7.10-20161021.amd.fc24
                Last metadata expiration check: 0:17:04 ago on Tue Nov 8 13:09:22 2016.
                No package kernel-4.7.10-20161021.amd.fc24 available.
                Error: Unable to find a match.

Yeah I knew that, thx.
                Odd... copr must filter out older builds. I'm not sure how you would do this without installing it manually.

Comment

I'm not sure how you would do this without installing it manually.
                  It's no problem for me to do this, I do this sometimes with koji. But I didn't find how to download your rpm manually.

Comment

It's no problem for me to do this, I do this sometimes with koji. But I didn't find how to download your rpm manually.
                    I think i see the issue, COPR cleaned up the binaries, hence why they don't exist in the repo.

I'm rebuilding this, but it will take a while:

For the time being, I would also test 20161024, 20161027 and 20161031 if you can, that why we can narrow down the date range a bit.

I'm guessing though that it was broken by one of the DAL commits introduced in 20161021.

Comment

For the time being, I would also test 20161024, 20161027 and 20161031 if you can, that why we can narrow down the date range a bit.
                      OK, I tested the 20161024 kernel, it's broken too.

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
                      I'm rebuilding this, but it will take a while:
                      https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co.../build/474496/
                      Thank you !
                      I will test it !

Comment

Working...
                      X