X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No dice. Hang is still there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
      Two questions: Will AMD release the amd-staging-4.8 soon?
      I think the plan is to stay on 4.7 for at least a few more weeks. We're still working on getting the last bits of the ROC stack (memory eviction for upstreaming) running on 4.7.

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
      And will AMD's opensource OpenCL be a part of Mesa-Opencl?
      Do you mean the opened-up version of our closed source OpenCL ? If so then no, it will be a separate driver since the base code also has to work on other OSes.
      Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        It looks like hang handling was not implemented at all with some gpus. Amd is doing something for it.
        https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...6e53ea5479166c

That's interesting to know.

Comment

I made a non debug kernel with cpu timer set to 300Mhz and I could play TF2 20 minutes instead of 7
          But did it still crash? And how was performance?

By disabling DPM I was able to play for hours, but frames were between 10 and 30.

Comment

It does not crash in 20 minutes. Swap is not needed for this game, I made a faster kernel. RX 460 performance at 1920x1200...
            Sorry, what was the fix? Disabling DPM?

Comment

• Yeah, 50 FPS is very low for this game. I run it between 150 and 300. Anything bellow 60 gives me input lag.

Mystro256 I only said that disabling DPM makes the hang go away. To me, AMD developers should definitely look into that, and not in Mesa.

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post

I think the plan is to stay on 4.7 for at least a few more weeks. We're still working on getting the last bits of the ROC stack (memory eviction for upstreaming) running on 4.7.

Do you mean the opened-up version of our closed source OpenCL ? If so then no, it will be a separate driver since the base code also has to work on other OSes.
                Hopefully sooner than later, as 4.7 just hit EOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  So is it useless to keep "opencl-mesa-git" installed?

Comment

• Not sure... I would leave everything as-is until we finish unless Tom says "nuke it".
                    Test signature

Comment

• Did you end up turning on RADV for the mesa 13 final?

When I try to switch to Vulkan in the Talos princle it crashes out

Comment

Working...
                      X