No announcement yet.

amd-staging-4.6 for Fedora 24 (AMDGPU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The instability / Freezing I was suffering from seems to be gone after the large patch set phoronix reported yesterday - the 20170725 build (that failed for 2 variants) seems to have solved it!

Thanks once again!
    Last edited by Grim85; 27 July 2017, 05:05 AM. Reason: edit for clarity

Comment

• Originally posted by Grim85 View Post
      The instability / Freezing I was suffering from seems to be gone after the large patch set phoronix reported yesterday - the 20170725 build (that failed for 2 variants) seems to have solved it!

Thanks once again!
      No problem! Also i find they tend to break x86-32 a lot. Fortunately if you're using 64bit, you shouldn't have to worry about these failed builds.

Comment

• Mystro256
        Any chance updating the kernel to the latest version? Thanks.

Comment

• I'm not Mystro256 but, I'd have thought there's not much point putting the effort in - in a few weeks the 4.15rc0 will be out with the patches merged and you can just pull that from the Fedora Vanilla mainline repo

Comment

• Originally posted by finalzone View Post
            Mystro256
            Any chance updating the kernel to the latest version? Thanks.
            Sorry about that, I've been in the process of moving homes the last little while, so I haven't been able to do so.
            I've been meaning to update it, but I need to find the box I put my development machine in first. Maybe give me a week and I'll get them churning out regularly again.

Originally posted by Grim85 View Post
            I'm not Mystro256 but, I'd have thought there's not much point putting the effort in - in a few weeks the 4.15rc0 will be out with the patches merged and you can just pull that from the Fedora Vanilla mainline repo
            I plan to maintain the staging kernel at least until 4.15 hits stable, and drops into Fedora's repo. I'll see if it's worth maintaining after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
              Sorry about that, I've been in the process of moving homes the last little while, so I haven't been able to do so.
              I've been meaning to update it, but I need to find the box I put my development machine in first. Maybe give me a week and I'll get them churning out regularly again.
              Understood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

Mystro256
                Hope your move has gone well, can you please update your repo for Fedora 27 as well?

Comment

• I don't know when it happened, but I only have audio on HDMI- no DP

Comment

• Hi, Can you please do for Fedora 27? I'm stuck after the upgrade... I have RX550 GPU
                    Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X