• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    crimson is abandoned.
    Long live the crimson

Comment

Thank you all for all these informations:
      I already tried to install the driver found on

but it supports only redhat, debian and suse. Centos is not supported.
      @dungeon
      I try to follow the same steps mentioned in the link you mentioned, i still looking for fglrx64

Comment

I imagine the RH install would work on Centos - you might have to tweak a script or something but AFAIK the Centos releases pretty much mirror the RHEL releases.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by aruodg View Post
          Thank you all for all these informations:
          I already tried to install the driver found on

but it supports only redhat, debian and suse. Centos is not supported.
          @dungeon
          I try to follow the same steps mentioned in the link you mentioned, i still looking for fglrx64
          That link is outdated, just download the 15.12 driver from AMD's website, then try the two available installing options:

1) run the installer and generate .rpm packages (you will probably need to install some other packages before being able to do this), then install the .rpms.

2) if option 1) does not work (in your case the installer should either "think" that your OS is RHEL and generate the packages, or it will not recognize the OS at all), run the installer and select the automated installation option.

There are plenty of instructions on the web on how to try both ways.

V.

Comment

I installed the RHEL 7 driver (15... version ) and after rebooting, the system crashed: no GUI, the keyboard didn't work, even with the "rescue kernel" I can't boot!! (see screeshot above)
            the only thing working is the on-off button which i pressed to switch it off.
            I'am just trying to find a way to be able to get access to a terminal to uninstall the package source of the problem.

I already tried what vkrastev said, the installer don't recognize my OS
            i have to do it otherwise .

Comment

Hi all,
              Centos 7 made "major" updates, so I made a second attempt to install kmod-fglrx.x86_64, fglrx-x11-drv.x86_64 and fglrx-x11-drv-devel.x86_64 using yum

"kmod" was installed without any problem however the installation of the second package failed, I got the following error message:

Running transaction
              Installing : kmod-fglrx-15.12-3.el7.elrepo.x86_64 1/3
              Working. This may take some time ...
              Done.
              Installing : fglrx-x11-drv-15.12-3.el7.elrepo.x86_64 2/3

Broadcast message from [email protected] (Tue 2017-01-10 16:39:34 CET):

dracut[6651]: Failed to install module fglrx

Message from syslogd@localhost at Jan 10 16:39:34 ...
              dracut:Failed to install module fglrx
              Failed to install module fglrx
              Installing : fglrx-x11-drv-devel-15.12-3.el7.elrepo.x86_64 3/3
              Verifying : fglrx-x11-drv-devel-15.12-3.el7.elrepo.x86_64 1/3
              Verifying : kmod-fglrx-15.12-3.el7.elrepo.x86_64
              Verifying : fglrx-x11-drv-15.12-3.el7.elrepo.x86_64 3/3

Installed:
              fglrx-x11-drv.x86_64 0:15.12-3.el7.elrepo fglrx-x11-drv-devel.x86_64 0:15.12-3.el7.elrepo kmod-fglrx.x86_64 0:15.12-3.el7.elrepo

Complete!

Comment

The fglrx driver is deprecated and has not been updated for recent distro versions.

Please use the amdgpu-pro driver instead:

Test signature

Comment

Distro is not recent, only hardware is recent

I wouldn't do what he do... SKL + PX on kernel 3.10 already smells like teen spirit to me

Upgrade kernel as much as amdgpu-pro can work would be ideal, because of SKL
                  Last edited by dungeon; 14 January 2017, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Good point - I had assumed a recent version of Centos because of the reference to "major updates"...

aruodg , what Centos version are you using ?

If it is a fairly recent version then there's a good chance it ships with open source drivers already included.
                    Last edited by bridgman; 14 January 2017, 05:01 PM.
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      Good point - I had assumed a recent version of Centos because of the reference to "major updates"...
                      Major updates as 7.3.1611 point, if he run something else he would say it i guess

That is still kernel 3.10 chocolate, xserver 1.17, no amdgpu there, etc... That won't work with neither of GPUs properly and fglrx probably fail because of chocolate

But amdgpu-pro supports 7.3 so that might work by some miracle, questionable is how that SKL behave on that much old kernel
                      Last edited by dungeon; 14 January 2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X