X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to install Radeon R7 M360 graphic on centos7

Dear all,
    I got new thinkpad E460 i7- with Radeon R7 M360
    I use centos 7 as OS, and still unable to find a compatible driver to install the card
    ANY HELP is welcome.
    Thank you

Not sure if your M360 is an Oland or an Iceland part... if it's an Oland then IIRC the latest Centos release should include support out of the box.

If it's an Iceland I'm not sure... can you run lspci -nn and get the PCI IDs ?
    Test signature

Comment

I run lspci -nn and i get surprising outputs:

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:9d12] (rev f1)
      00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:9d15] (rev f1)
      00:1d.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:9d18] (rev f1)
      00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:9d48] (rev 21)
      02:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device [10ec:522a] (rev 01)
      03:00.0 Display controller [0380]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Topaz XT [Radeon R7 M260/M265] [1002:6900] (rev 81)

I also used lshw to get details about hardware: i got

product: Topaz XT [Radeon R7 M260/M265] [1002:6900]
      vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] [1002]
      bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
      version: 81
      width: 64 bits
      clock: 33MHz
      capabilities:
      Power Management,
      PCI Express,
      Message Signalled Interrupts,
      bus mastering,
      PCI capabilities listing
      configuration:
      latency: 0
      resources:
      memory: c0000000-cfffffff
      memory: d0000000-d01fffff
      ioport: 3000(size=256)
      memory: f1000000-f103ffff
      memory: f1040000-f105ffff
      this device hasn't been claimed

using "hardinfo" I get
      Topaz XT [Radeon R7 M260/M265/M340/M360]

Comment

@debianxfce
        what you say is beyond my actual skills
        it is the first time I dive into something like that, I'll try it

Comment

It will not work with radeon driver, that is Topaz PX (GCN 1.2) only supported by amdgpu or pro

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...and-Now-Stable

Here is where experimental status is removed, so recommendation goes to kernel 4.6 or newer... and probably not even current pro, as that has dkms backport from 4.5 i think, but didn't checked out that really

No idea about RHEL/CentOS world or if AMD will support that with amdgpu-pro, but i guess he can use Catalyst there

aruodg

Try to find some how to for CentOS on how to install Catalyst... maybe this:

With point to switch to that graphic chip with "aticonfig --px-dgpu" , etc...
          Last edited by dungeon; 26 July 2016, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Catalyst is abandoned, does not support latest kernels and xorg. Also it does not support m360:
            http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...easeNotes.aspx

Linux driver for Topaz is amdgpu kernel driver. When using oss driver, use the latest kernel and mesa. Amdgpu-pro is beta software and not fully tested.
            Chip is supported by Catalyst, but if you are so dumb to understand that i am not quilty

If you want a finger again please made a proper request as filing some bug about it
            Last edited by dungeon; 26 July 2016, 05:29 AM.

Comment

I don't think there is a Centos release with proper driver support for that part yet; picking up newer kernel & userspace drivers as others have said should work, as would running a distro which updates kernel & drivers more quickly. Next version of Centos 7.x should include support though.

We are also working on adding RHEL support to the amdgpu packages, so that will be an option once done as well.
              Test signature

Comment

The Crimson 15.12 driver should install fine on CentOS 7, but problem is that apparently the R7 M3xx series is not supported by that driver. Strange thing is that is the same chip series of some R7 M2xx cards, which are supported instead. I would try with Crimson anyways, because otherwhise you will not have any option until the next major CentOS update and/or the extension of the AMD GPU-PRO driver for RHEL based distros.

Comment

R7 M200 series is mentioned but not R7 M300 series. They are not same chips, they have different pci ids.
                  If you don't believe me, why don't you ask bridgman if chip is supported by Catalyst ? I looked at it and found couple 1002:6900 back even from year. 2014. drivers

You are always so lovely, keep going on.
                  If you request it, you will got it - i keep my promises

Comment

R7 M200 series is mentioned but not R7 M300 series. They are not same chips, they have different pci ids. You are always so lovely, keep going on.
                    Nope, they have same pciids... ask bridgman if you don't believe me

Comment

Working...
                    X