Radeon X.Org Driver Now Only Uses DRI3 By Default With GLAMOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

You see how useful it is to make bug reports, especially for minor problems. Next time do not tell me to make bug reports, show fuck and other your stupidity. For helping you, read this:
    The United Nations agency working to promote health, keep the world safe and serve the vulnerable.
    Ha, ha, nope you and especially you should file your bugs But no, you have a bug and you don't file it - just trolling about it

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Sure, but that's the whole point we are discussing here - whether to backport a complex change late in the release cycle or tell users of ioquake-based games to pick up WIP 3.9.x or 4.0. Both options suck in their own unique ways.
      Or just advise your Ubuntu next to not bother using llvm 3.9 No bridgman, right here we discuss why some people resist to file bugs... In mine example you and others can see that i have opened 3 of them with no result

One is cca 50 days llvm regression, second is cca 4 months mesa regression and third one sit there cca forever

For what i do care is that Debian goes into freeze in 3 months and likely AMD stack will be shitties of all, buggy and slow openource one and no pro driver. Beautiful, thank you AMD for providing new experiences
      Last edited by dungeon; 30 July 2016, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        For what i do care is that Debian goes into freeze in 3 months and likely AMD stack will be shitties of all, buggy and slow openource one and no pro driver. Beautiful, thank you AMD for providing new experiences
        One of the reasons I migrated to OpenSUSE for all my PCs. Debian is ok for servers and embedded (my NAS still runs Debian), their release schedule is completely nuts if you want anything resembling modern software for a PC.

OpenSUSE makes like one stable release per year (supported for a year and a half or so), and lets you upgrade from the older one to the newer one.

Comment

Well i use Sid mostly, so there is no problem on that side of things everything is recent there if i have new hardware i go there first... and i have no problem with current stable as Catalyst is there ... do you know that Catalyst is alive but for pro only, they update it couple days ago again:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...4#catalyst-pro
          Last edited by dungeon; 30 July 2016, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Well i use Sid mostly, so there is no problem on that side of things everything is recent there if i have new hardware i go there first...
            Then I don't get why you are complaining about Debian feature freeze and stuff. Did they freeze Sid?
            Hell is more likely to be frozen than Debian Sid.

AMD/Intel/whatever isn't targeting Debian specifically with open driver, so they don't care of their release schedules.

and i have no problem with current stable as Catalyst is there
            Yeah, you were annoyed by the next stable in your previous post. "Debian will be frozen in 3 months" is not talking about Debian Jessie.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Then I don't get why you are complaining about Debian feature freeze and stuff.
              Because i use both Sid and Stable, but also thinking about future.

AMD/Intel/whatever isn't targeting Debian specifically with open driver, so they don't care of their release schedules.
              First time i hear that open driver targets something specificaly, that targets nothing and tries to support anything in a "khm, khm lets patch this or that" sort of way But releases of open drivers and releases of their components, should be usable for most users and not to contain slowmo regression bugs

I dunno if you undestand this llvm bug which infiltrate radeonsi too... that is like Mozilla release some Firefox version compiled with -O0 and say this is what everybody should use ... well, this is even worse then that, perf is indeed better then swrast but worse then -O0

Yeah, you were annoyed by the next stable in your previous post. "Debian will be frozen in 3 months" is not talking about Debian Jessie.
              That is current Stable, and i also talking about future so next Stable... that would be sort of like but bit newer or like between Ubuntu 16.10 and 17.04 extended
              Last edited by dungeon; 30 July 2016, 07:37 AM.

Comment

First time i hear that open driver targets something specificaly,
                open drivers are a "best effort", in case you did not notice. For that matter, most closed linux drivers are "best effort" too.
                I dunno if you undestand this llvm bug which infiltrate radeonsi too...
                no and I don't care.
                That is current Stable, and i also talking about future so next Stable... that would be sort of like but bit newer or like between Ubuntu 16.10 and 17.04 extended
                Repeating what I said above, driver developers have no obligation whatsoever to conform to Debian release schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  Repeating what I said above, driver developers have no obligation whatsoever to conform to Debian release schedules.
                  You can repeat it as much as you want, but I don't ask for obligations i just give information to bridgman to realise bigger picture about linux users, as among all of those are potentional bug fillers just like me
                  Last edited by dungeon; 30 July 2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

No bridgman, right here we discuss why some people resist to file bugs... In mine example you and others can see that i have opened 3 of them with no result
                    OK, perhaps you were talking about that but I was talking about backporting that fix. Let's talk about filing bugs. I don't remember what the third bug you filed was but for the two you mentioned:

- in one case a developer understood the bug, asked you to check whether a specific change fixed it, you confirmed, and now the only question is whether that fix should be backported from 4.0 to 3.9 or not (alternatives being 4.0 only or a 3.9.x point release) - I'm struggling a bit to understand the impact because sometimes you are saying it affects many games (implying a non-trivial subset) and sometimes you say it just affects ioquake games (which I would consider, perhaps wrongly, to be a smaller subset than "many")

- in the other case a developer sent you a patch, asked you if it fixed the problem, you said no then posted a couple of confusing comments, closed the bug when the developer expressed confusion (I still don't understand why), then reopened the bug after the developer had gone away

So far you seem to be two for two in the sense that both times developers responded, in the first case the patch was fixed (developer found a recent change that should fix it) and in the second case the developer started responding but was essentially chased away... and AFAICS the bug is still in such a confused state that nobody is likely to look at it. You could fix that; I would fix it if you would answer my questions with something non-sarcastic.
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      - in one case a developer understood the bug, asked you to check whether a specific change fixed it, you confirmed, and now the only question is whether that fix should be backported from 4.0 to 3.9 or not ...
                      No, that seems is not a question . Because after i confirmed that it works on master, out of nowhere Superman came most likely from the sky and closed that bug.

So after Superman closed that one, i take a lot (likely 3.9 Kg, but for sure not more) of spinach and closed two more And now on those 2 already closed bugs Bluto started to express confusion... i fully understand him, as there is no what to understand there, so i reopen all windows and doors for fresh air.

Now go and ask Superman why he does that, as he probably knows answers to all your questions... I must go now Wimpy, Olive is waiting
                      Last edited by dungeon; 30 July 2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X