Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm, that would be really great

Comment

Version from [testing] already uses Mesa 7.2, have you tried it?

Comment

Nope, sorry, I didn't. Did you though? :P

Comment

I use 9800 Pro and don't have any crashes.

Comment

Hmm, maybe I should try it soon..
            BTW, the GL version reported by glxinfo is 1.3 right?

Comment

I've been following this problem recently since I got stung by a problem with the xorg-x11-drv-ati drivers recently, on Fedora 9 with XServer 1.5.2... The simplest way to put it is that the system simply hangs (doesn't quite freeze, but is utterly unresponsive). I've submitted a bug report to Red Hat's bugzilla, and there seems to be other set of problems derived from these last updates to XServer 1.5 and the 6.8 and 6.9 versions of the driver:

Bug 464383
              Bug 462157

Any thoughts? Currently the system is unstable as nitroglycerin in a blender, any type of image that is larger than the size of the window containing it (i.e having to pan to see it) will trigger this resource race.

Comment

Sounds like the OSS drivers have their own issues to sort right now :/
                Also, the GL version is at 1.3, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Extreme Coder View Post
                  Sounds like the OSS drivers have their own issues to sort right now :/
                  Also, the GL version is at 1.3, right?
                  Yes it does show that on the R500 based X1200 (RS690M) GPU in my laptop. I was kind of surprised that 3D actually works, and rather well so... Well, there are some rendering issues (horizontal black lines where I suspect should be some texture filtering going on, or so I think).

Comment

I just bought Radeon 1950 (also r5xx), however I will now need to buy other parts of computer to use it But in few days I will test r5xx with Open Source driver.

Comment

Working...
                    X