Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radeonsi dri3 bug reporting question

Hey,

I want to report a bug to the radeonsi, mesa, or dri3 guys?(issue is with GUI rendering in blender using radeonsi driver and dri3)

I want to know what i need to supply them with to make a good bug report.

I have already created an account on the freedesktop.org bugzilla site

Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by KuriKai View Post
    Hey,

I want to report a bug to the radeonsi, mesa, or dri3 guys?(issue is with GUI rendering in blender using radeonsi driver and dri3)

I have already created an account on the freedesktop.org bugzilla site

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a link to the proper bug tracker. The trick is providing enough information so that it would be possible for the whoever is assigned that bug to duplicate it. If he he can't duplicate it, then he will have to rely on your instance of that bug to help him debug it. Debugging really boils down to having a known good configuration and a known bad configuration. and then figuring out why.
    Last edited by duby229; 20 July 2016, 08:38 AM.

Comment

What exactly is your problem? I use Blender for work and I also use mesa with radeon, but I'm not seeing any issues.

Comment

Thanks guys, will get as much detail as possible for them.
        Amarildo Here is a video of the issue https://youtu.be/tMs4QSW0OmY

Comment

KuriKai Thanks.

I'm definitely not seeing that problem here on Arch, and I don't remember seeing it when I used linux-4.7 and mesa-12.1 (compiled against llvm 3.9).

I think instead of just reporting the bug you could revert those packages back to where they worked, and then do a bisect to see which commit is problematic.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no time where they worked, it has always done it(just used to be worse). It used to do it when playing dota2 but that was fixed several months ago.

Comment

What GPU do you have? I've never seen this bug in the 10+years I've been using Linux :P Maybe it's a card-related bug?

Comment

Tahiti XT Radeon HD R9 280X

Comment

Originally posted by KuriKai View Post
                  Simpliest would be if you name bug as "Tahiti+DRI3+Unity+Blender corruption"

Than in the bug you can say something like "Just read a bug title and watch this video" then attach couple logs and that would be enough for begining
                  Last edited by dungeon; 22 July 2016, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. Turns out it's a bug in blender.

Comment

Working...
                    X