No announcement yet.

OpenGL 4.1 on ATI 6470m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried a different game that is also OpenGL 4.1 (Bioshock Infite). Get this error

Code:
    [thread ffffffff][I][0]: Log system initialised
    [thread ffffffff][I][0]: Default allowed number of simultaneously open files in the system is 2448.
    [thread ffffffff][I][0]: Current memlock limit is 65536.
    [thread ffffffff][I][0]: setrlimit(RLIMIT_MEMLOCK) failed, (1) Operation not permitted
    [thread ffffffff][I][1]: setup_teb_register() - using LDT entry 13
    [thread 00000001][I][92]: Forcing OpenGL Core context usage
    [thread 00000001][I][95]: Creating OpenGL Core context failed
    [thread 00000001][E][3383]: PrepareOpenGLDisplayInformation() failed!!

Comment

OK, I'm starting to get the impression those messages might be caused by the way we're getting the environment variables in.

Apparently with Steam you can right-click on a game and edit the command used to launch the program... and in a lot of cases those commands include library path over-rides to make things run. Are you still launching the programs from command line (IIRC the last thing we discussed) or are you already including the GL override commands in a modified Steam launch command ?
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        OK, I'm starting to get the impression those messages might be caused by the way we're getting the environment variables in.

Apparently with Steam you can right-click on a game and edit the command used to launch the program... and in a lot of cases those commands include library path over-rides to make things run. Are you still launching the programs from command line (IIRC the last thing we discussed) or are you already including the GL override commands in a modified Steam launch command ?
        I launched the game with the override included.

Comment

Understood... my question was whether you were launching from command line directly (as we had previously discussed) or whether you were doing the "right click on the game, see the existing launch command and edit that" thing ?
          Test signature

Comment

I did the "right click on the game, see the existing launch command and edit that" thing.

Comment

That's strange because for other people it works for a long time.

(but he overrides GLSL version to 4.40)

Comment

Originally posted by puleglot View Post
                That's strange because for other people it works for a long time.

(but he overrides GLSL version to 4.40)
                Can see that he has a HD6950 mine is a mobile version HD6470m. But I will try to override with 4.40.

Comment

I have the same issue with a brand new Skylake machine. I upgraded my desktop pc to a Skylake 6700K with that has the Intel 530 HD GPU. Mesa also reports here 3.30 OpenGl profile. This on an Arch Linux box 64 bit with Mesa 11.2.2. Doesn't open source Intel drivers have OpenGL 4.1 now at least? I saw that Mesa 12 was out with 4.3 now. Is in Arch testing now.

Comment

Working...
                  X