OpenGL 4.1 on ATI 6470m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Correct - you need GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 for GL 4.0 and GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit for GL 4.1, and right now those only enable on 5xxx/6xxx if your GP has HW DP support. That's why over-rides are necessary in the short term (although there has been some talk about changing to code to enable 4.0/4.1 even on HW that does not have native support since no apps are known to actually use the extensions).

Another vendor enables the GL level but not the extensions, which we think is incorrect but is another potential solution.
    You wouldn't happen to know if that feature to support emulation is being worked on?

Comment

Here is the output from the eon.txt file

Code:
      [thread ffffffff][I][18]: Log system initialised
      [thread ffffffff][I][51]: Default allowed number of simultaneously open files in the system is 1024.
      [thread ffffffff][I][51]: Current memlock limit is 65536.
      [thread ffffffff][I][51]: setrlimit(RLIMIT_MEMLOCK) failed, (1) Operation not permitted
      [thread ffffffff][I][58]: setup_teb_register() - using LDT entry 13
      [thread 00000001][I][59]: Linux kernel version: 4.4.0-24-generic
      [thread 00000001][I][59]: Linux glibc version: 2.23
      [thread 00000001][I][130]: Forcing OpenGL Core context usage
      [thread 00000001][I][158]: Creating OpenGL Core context failed
      [thread 00000001][E][4532]: PrepareOpenGLDisplayInformation() failed!!

Comment

OK, that's starting to smell more like "not finding the right library"... AFAIK normally that PrepareOpenGLDisplayInformation() function succeeds even if the previous call failed...

Can you please try again with some additional environment variables... maybe try "LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose" first.

There's a chance the command with environment variables needs to be added to the Steam launch script, not sure though.
        Test signature

Comment

OK, that's starting to smell more like "not finding the right library"... AFAIK normally that PrepareOpenGLDisplayInformation() function succeeds even if the previous call failed...

Can you please try again with some additional environment variables... maybe try "LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose" first.

There's a chance the command with environment variables needs to be added to the Steam launch script, not sure though.
          Ok I tried that and here is output when running the game from a terminal

Code:
          andre@andre-HP-EliteBook-8460p:~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Saints Row Gat out of Hell$ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose ./saintsrowgooh
          libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/andre/.drirc: No such file or directory.
          libGL: pci id for fd 5: 1002:6760, driver r600
          libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
          libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
          libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/andre/.drirc: No such file or directory.
          libGL: Using DRI3 for screen 0
          ERROR - eON failed to initialise!

Comment

Thanks. Are either of the paths that OpenDriver is trying valid, and do they point to libraries which match the "bitness" of the game (32/64) ?

Sorry for the vague terminology, I haven't done this for a while
            Test signature

Comment

Thanks. Are either of the paths that OpenDriver is trying valid, and do they point to libraries which match the "bitness" of the game (32/64) ?

Sorry for the vague terminology, I haven't done this for a while
              I'm not sure I understand you correctly? What paths are you talking about? I can see that I have no
              .drirc file.

Comment

Originally posted by fettouhi View Post
                I'm not sure I understand you correctly? What paths are you talking about? I can see that I have no
                .drirc file.
                the paths are /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so and /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
                is there something installed at those paths? (you need at least one)
                the game seems to search for 32-bits libraries, they are installed?
                is the game itself at 32 bits? (if it is not a script, you can check with this command: file "~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Saints Row Gat out of Hell/saintsrowgooh")

Comment

/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so and /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so - are there driver files in either of those locations ?

Still trying to understand why context creation is failing...

AFAIK missing .drirc should not be a problem.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by fettouhi View Post
                    andre@andre-HP-EliteBook-8460p:~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Saints Row Gat out of Hell$ ./saintsrowgooh
                    ERROR - eON failed to initialise!

and then the popup appears as mentioned before.
                    I'll check when I get home from work tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by trek View Post

the paths are /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/tls/r600_dri.so and /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
                      is there something installed at those paths? (you need at least one)
                      the game seems to search for 32-bits libraries, they are installed?
                      is the game itself at 32 bits? (if it is not a script, you can check with this command: file "~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Saints Row Gat out of Hell/saintsrowgooh")
                      /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so

This is present on my system but the other one with tls isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X