F1 2015: Don't Go Racing Yet With AMDGPU-Pro Or RadeonSI Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 2015: Don't Go Racing Yet With AMDGPU-Pro Or RadeonSI Gallium3D

Phoronix: F1 2015: Don't Go Racing Yet With AMDGPU-Pro Or RadeonSI Gallium3D

With today's release of F1 2015 for Linux as the popular Formula One racing game, only NVIDIA graphics are listed as supported but I decided to try this game anyways with the AMDGPU-PRO and RadeonSI Gallium3D drivers...

Great a game to debug the future mesa.

Comment

But when popping in a NVIDIA GeForce graphics card and loading in the NVIDIA 367 driver beta, I was straight off to the races! It's working fine for NVIDIA Linux, so I'll have some F1 2015 green benchmarks coming up today or tomorrow. No issues so far on the green side.
      I noticed you didn't try the nouveau driver, but that would show NV in a bad light I guess

Seriously, stop brown nosing for a 1080

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post
        Great a game to debug the future mesa.
        The problem could be in the game as well as the driver, but my guess would be the game.

Comment

Doesn't the mesa driver adhere closest to OGL standards; so I guess this means that there is a ton of Nvidia only code in their port.

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

I noticed you didn't try the nouveau driver, but that would show NV in a bad light I guess

I rarely ever test new games on Nouveau since Nouveau doesn't really work for gamers until re-clocking is all sorted out.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Doesn't the mesa driver adhere closest to OGL standards; so I guess this means that there is a ton of Nvidia only code in their port.
              It's not like Mesa/RadeonSI don't have any bugs though. But yeah, considering that both drivers fail to run the game...
              Which is a shame since one of the recent ports (was it Tomb Raider?) did have AMD support.

Comment

Report it to developers? They should figure out why their games don't follow the standard.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                  Report it to developers? They should figure out why their games don't follow the standard.
                  This is my usual form of a 'bug report.'
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

Seriously, please you and others posting this kinda stuff, can you stop these unconstructive negative comments. Michael does a great job and all I see from some people are whine,whine,whine. It makes the community look like it's full of childish trolls. If you want to set up your own site that reports Linux news and does as much as Michael does every day, pretty much 365 days a year. Go right ahead, otherwise don't be so quick to judge.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X