F1 2015: Don't Go Racing Yet With AMDGPU-Pro Or RadeonSI Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marek View Post
    If the game developer doesn't care about non-nvidia drivers and the game really has a bug preventing it from working on other drivers (very likely since it only works on nvidia at the moment), it's a very bad situation for other vendors, because they will have to add workarounds for the game, which can complicate driver code, which can lead to compromising OpenGL conformance of those drivers.
    I don't think that vendors should bother with adding workarounds because that will simply make the vendor an enabler for bad behavior. If a game doesn't work because the developer does not want it to work on other vendors hardware then so be it. Direct all complaints towards the developer.

Comment

@marek

I am sure if you tell Feral what is wrong the could fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        @marek

Shouldn't it be the game developer's job to fix their broken game?

/sigh

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post

Your OGL4 performance vs Nvidia is very low wile for D3D is almost the same. The difference is probably in some OGL4 extensions. You are the ones that are responsible: a) To identify those extensions. b) To correct or optimize those extensions. c) To inform anyone for those differences. Till today we don't now why and where is the problem specifically. Just to say that your OGL is inferior without a why, is just tragic.
          The game flat out doesn't render correctly. There's no point blaming driver performance vs D3D at this point.

Comment

@marek

It's hard to tell what is wrong when you aren't the person who developed the game, nor do you have access to that game's source code. There's also very little incentive to purchase a game just so you can write a bug report to the developer of a game that didn't care to invest in ensuring that their game works on your hardware, and never reached out to the community for help. Absolutely no testing at all was considered for non-NVIDIA cards.

Comment

Well that's why there is apitrace.

Comment

This is what one of Feral developers wrote on reddit when asked about missing functionality in Mesa.

Compute shaders is the big one and right now the Mesa git fails to run even with the experimental compute support present but given a little time I'm sure they'll get it working for a future release.

Comment

Well that's why there is apitrace.
                  And doing the job the reverse (and most complicate) way? So we should re-enginer the opensource radeonsi driver to add fixes for nvidia proprietary glitches?

Come on, this game clearly lacks any testing on anything else that is the nvidia proprietary driver. It looks to me an amatorial work, not a serious project, considering the fact that even the open radeon driver doesn't work at all.

Comment

This is a good example why Valve usually works with Mesa and Intel first. If they get their stuff running on those (which is close to impossible by itself), it'll probably run on everything.

Comment

And where did you see Dota 2 Vulkan benchmarks?

Comment

Working...
                      X