X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• juno
    replied
    Originally posted by adakite View Post
    Are these bench FP64? If so, there are quite surprising...
    No, there is no need to use double precision in Luxmark rendering

Leave a comment:

• adakite
    replied
    Are these bench FP64? If so, there are quite surprising...

Leave a comment:

• juno
    replied
    Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
    I don't know if Blender is a good example
    Me neither. It just came into my mind as 'worst case' (didn't work at all). But there are tests for Windows too, where Nvidia is faster in some OpenCL programs, I just wanted to refute the Nvidia is all over CUDA-view

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    Originally posted by juno View Post
    However, Nvidia's OpenCL implementation is not that bad and there is some OpenCL software that runs better on Nvidia. Blender's Cycles renderer didn't even run on AMD for quite some time, for example.
    I don't know if Blender is a good example, they Cycles's OpenCL kernel were one huge file, I don' know if it is a anti-pattern, but they had to split it in some files, each doing it's responsibility, and after this change it improved even on Nvidia

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by Dea1993 View Post

yes i know, but i've only said that i would see a benchmark on gaming performance of this new driver
    And Michael said (since yesterday), that new benchmarks are on their way.
    Even if he didn't, I think it helps it you attach your requests/wishes to a tip/subscription.

Leave a comment:

• Dea1993
    replied
    Originally posted by juno View Post
    this is about computing and has nothing to do with gaming or real time 3d graphics at all.
    yes i know, but i've only said that i would see a benchmark on gaming performance of this new driver

Leave a comment:

• juno
    replied
    Originally posted by Dea1993 View Post
    i want to see the performance in game (but not only xonotic and other light OpenSource games).
    this is about computing and has nothing to do with gaming or real time 3d graphics at all.

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
    That's still sort of a disappointment considering that the Fury is suppposed to have more compute power and that Nvidia only provides basic OpenCL functionality since it really focuses on CUDA.
    Yeah, quite a bit. However, Nvidia's OpenCL implementation is not that bad and there is some OpenCL software that runs better on Nvidia. Blender's Cycles renderer didn't even run on AMD for quite some time, for example.

Leave a comment:

• chuckula
    replied
    That's still sort of a disappointment considering that the Fury is suppposed to have more compute power and that Nvidia only provides basic OpenCL functionality since it really focuses on CUDA.

Leave a comment:

• Dea1993
    replied
    i want to see the performance in game (but not only xonotic and other light OpenSource games).

Leave a comment:

• juno
    replied
    Why is the OpenCL performance with AMD on Windows still >30% higher, even compared to the hybrid/proprietary driver?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X