Ubuntu 14.04.4 + fglrx:
    Average FPS: 43.8
    Max FPS: 51.0
    Min FPS: 29.4

Ubuntu 16.04 + AMDGPU-Pro:
    Average FPS: 48.0
    Max FPS: 57.9
    Min FPS: 31.4

Nice little performance improvement there, although not quite as significant as seen from Shadow of Mordor.

Comment

installed it on Ubuntu Mate 16.04 with my R7 260X, but somehow changing resolution from 1360x768 to 1920x1080 gave me a black screen and HDMI audio didn't work anymore, i've added my user to the "video" group as specified, any ideas how to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

amdgpu pro dkms driver does not work with kernel 4.6 without heavy patching.
        Well this new beta pro driver appears to install dkms fine, so they must have fixed that.

Also amdgpu open driver wasn't working for me because 16.04 MATE had CIK disabled in the kernel, so I just downloaded 4.6 and custom built it, all is fine. Thought AMDGPU does tear up the screen (not pro) real bad, going to need to mess with Hz settings and what not in xorg conf to resolve that, sometime.

(When the open driver gets OGL4.5 and Vulkan support I will jump back to using it, unless it performs bad by then)

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

Try this code, maybe the tearing will go away:
          I will look into this, thanks. I only recently turned on Tearfree mode but I think that is just for desktop stuff and not 3d. The other BIG issue I have atm is Feral games don't work for me CoH2 or SOM just don't load.

Comment

Works fine on my AMD A10-7870K Spectre R7 (Gentoo)

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

If you post the output of the following command it may explain why they don't load:

Code:
              glxinfo | grep version
              I already figured it out, require some driver patching.

Comment

Working...
              X