AMDGPU DRM For Linux 4.7 Will Bring Some Performance Boosts For The R9 Fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU DRM For Linux 4.7 Will Bring Some Performance Boosts For The R9 Fury

Phoronix: AMDGPU DRM For Linux 4.7 Will Bring Some Performance Boosts For The R9 Fury

Yesterday I published some Radeon DRM-Next performance tests for the Radeon DRM code queued up for the Linux 4.7 kernel merge window. Today I'm testing the DRM-Next-4.7 code for AMDGPU for looking at the performance improvements coming to this newer AMD DRM driver with the next Linux kernel cycle. The DRM-Next-4.7 performance was compared to Linux 4.6 in this article for a Tonga and Fiji graphics card.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it reasonable to reason to conclude that the Fury results will reflectin what state the Polaris 11 drivers are in?

Comment

Hope the synthetic benchmark improvements will improve 2D compositors performances.

Comment

Hello Michael,

this was without the new tessellation stuff?
        Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
          Hello Michael,

this was without the new tessellation stuff?
          Nice work!
          Addendum:
          I meant the 'Unigine Heaven v4.0' numbers.
          Maybe you could redo both with it...;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kendji View Post
            Is it reasonable to reason to conclude that the Fury results will reflectin what state the Polaris 11 drivers are in?
            i don't think so. btw, 11 is the slower polaris

Comment

Again, those are really good numbers for the R9 285. I have the R9 380X and I get really poor performance, especially in Bioshock Infinite.

Comment

Working...
              X