Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Radeon DRM-Next Tests Ahead Of Linux 4.7, Mesa 11.3: Many Improvements, One Card Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Radeon DRM-Next Tests Ahead Of Linux 4.7, Mesa 11.3: Many Improvements, One Card Falls

Phoronix: Early Radeon DRM-Next Tests Ahead Of Linux 4.7, Mesa 11.3: Many Improvements, One Card Falls

With the AMDGPU and Radeon changes all settled down for what's proposed for Linux 4.7, this weekend I'm benchmarking both of these open-source AMD Linux Direct Rendering Manager drivers. First up is the Radeon DRM driver with various OpenGL benchmarks in conjunction with Mesa 11.3-devel.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The quality the open-source AMD drivers have reached is really impressive, especially considering the rough start GCN had on linux.
    Thanks and keep up the good work!

Comment

Curious how it's like the 290 was dropped off a cliff...

Comment

a simple questione: I own an hd3850 glxinfo shows I've opengl core as 3.3 level why the same information list issue that opengl versionis 3.0? thanks.

Comment

Can confirm that Infinite + Mesa + r600 doesn't work for me either. Still couldn't figure out which of these components has the issue. It worked with older Mesa versions and it still works with fglrx, but fglrx requires old kernel and old xorg, so it isn't a viable option these days.

Comment

Bisect! :-D

Comment

Why R9 290 drop so low? Michael can compare these with R9 285 and FGLRX?

Comment

My suspicion with the r9 290 being low would be DPM not working as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Norway View Post
                  My suspicion with the r9 290 being low would be DPM not working as intended.
                  I agree with that, maybe 290 profiles are missing.

Michael do you have a log with gpu frenquecies/gpusage/powerconsumption? It should be ez to check if the card is not running at 3d frequencies.
                  Last edited by prazola; 14 May 2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

This kinda confirms whats been happening with 290/390 hardware, AMD is just not paying attention to the regression so I doubt they will have it performing on par with NVIDIA any time soon (could take them years).

Comment

Working...
                    X