Here's An Ubuntu Kernel For Trying Out AMDGPU/Radeon Changes Of Linux 4.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's An Ubuntu Kernel For Trying Out AMDGPU/Radeon Changes Of Linux 4.7

Phoronix: Here's An Ubuntu Kernel For Trying Out AMDGPU/Radeon Changes Of Linux 4.7

For those wanting to try out the latest Radeon and AMDGPU DRM driver code that's being queued up for Linux 4.7, here's the Radeon DRM-Next code spun into a Debian/Ubuntu kernel package for easy testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What regressions did you notice, I'm having some issues with BioShock Infinate but I can't figure out where in the stack I'm having issues

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      What regressions did you notice, I'm having some issues with BioShock Infinate but I can't figure out where in the stack I'm having issues
      Yep, that's one of the problems is that BioShock and DiRT are indefinitely stuck on like the loading screen when using DRM-Next compared to Linux 4.6 stable. Same problem for you?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Yep, that's one of the problems is that BioShock and DiRT are indefinitely stuck on like the loading screen when using DRM-Next compared to Linux 4.6 stable. Same problem for you?

I'll try dirt now, but yes that's what I'm seeing, I'm using Linus's 4.6-rc7 & adg5f's drm-next-4.7-wip branch too, both have issues.

It's fine when using llvm-3.8 & mesa-11.2.2, llvm-3.8 & mesa-git but as soon as I try and use llvm-git & mesa-git BioShock just gives me a black screen where the main menu should appear - the intro videos work fine, I'm not seeing anything in the dmesg or xsession-errors

This is on a tonga M395X

Comment

I'm having the same issue with kernel 4.5, 4.6-rc7, and agd5f/drm-next-4.7-wip I'm thinking it's somewhere in llvm git or something in mesa-git when it's using llvm-git

Comment

I think it's related to having the graphics settings set too high, if you delete the same settings and set them to High rather than Ultra it seems to solve the issue, when I was turning the settings up on DIRT I was turning each setting up, the game froze when I started turning up Ambient Occlusion - so possibly related

Comment

Working...
            X