Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD To Enable DRI3 By Default On Latest X.Org Servers

Phoronix: AMD To Enable DRI3 By Default On Latest X.Org Servers

Michel Dänzer of AMD has published a patch today that would enable DRI3 by default for the xf86-video-ati X.Org driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

or reduce the OpenGL performance...
    i think only nvidia wants that

Comment

GNOME had better fix the broken Totem VA-API DRI3 support. While most AMD users probably use VDPAU, it is, as far as I know, the biggest outstanding DRI3 showstopper.

Comment

Modesetting DDX driver has better performance than ati even + DRI3. So this is nonsence.

Comment

How is DRI3 coming along on Intel and Nvidia drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            How is DRI3 coming along on Intel and Nvidia drivers?
            I'm using DRI3 on Intel on my work laptop and it's been fine for me. Stable, fast and no teari g

Comment

Originally posted by bvbfan View Post
              Modesetting DDX driver has better performance than ati even + DRI3. So this is nonsence.
              Could you briefly explain the needed steps to activate it so I can try?

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post

Could you briefly explain the needed steps to activate it so I can try?
                On Debian just create a file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf with this content:
                Code:
                Section "Device"
                    Identifier    "Intel Graphics"
                    Driver    "intel"
                    Option    "DRI"    "3"
                EndSection

Comment

Originally posted by Elinvention View Post

On Debian just create a file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf with this content:
                  Code:
                  Section "Device"
                  Identifier "Intel Graphics"
                  Driver "intel"
                  Option "DRI" "3"
                  EndSection
                  I already have DRI3 enabled. I was talking about modesetting ddx. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
                    I already have DRI3 enabled. I was talking about modesetting ddx. ;-)

Duude...nobody knows that. I already asked this twice on this forums...no reply. Google search returns nothing and even the praised arch wiki has no section on it. Imagine that!!!
                    I guess that using modesetting ddx is just one of those things your're just supposed to magically know.

Comment

Working...
                    X