Tiny question about r600g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    I'll rephrase: your chip can't do ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 which is required by OpenGL 4. Catalyst implements emulation for it which allows it to expose higher OpenGL levels. You can either wait for someone to implement the emulation for OSS drivers or you can force OpenGL 4.1 on through environment variables and hope nothing needs fp64. See http://www.mesa3d.org/envvars.html
    Isn't ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 available through both softpipe and llvmpipe? https://mesamatrix.net/ seems to think so. Or is it not the proper kind of emulation?

Comment

Not the right kind unfortunately - that code runs the shaders on the CPU, while what is needed here is code that runs on the GPU shader core:

Last edited by bridgman; 14 May 2016, 10:13 AM.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by MVinhas View Post
        This is not my main desktop, but still, I really like the way these chips performs with OSS drivers. For example, Euro Truck Simulator 2 performs the same vs Linux Catalyst and nearly the same vs Windows Catalyst, but I would like to play games like Showdown and Bioshock and for that I need Open GL 4.1. Guess I will have to wait.
        You don't have to wait.
        I do have a hybrid AMD setup (6480G/6650M or SUMO/TURKS) which is still stuck at OpenGL 3.3 with open drivers (see note 19 above, though it's actually 4.x compliant as every Northern Islands) and yet with those simple launch options (right click on Dirt Showdonw in your Steam library --> Properties --> Set launch options), you can absolutely play Dirt Showdown in normal conditions:

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.1 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=410 %command%

(add DRI_PRIME=1 at the beginning if on an hybrid system)

Enjoy!
        Last edited by Mez'; 23 May 2016, 05:35 AM.

Comment

I was looking for that DRI_PRIME=1 for years...

Comment

Working...
          X