RadeonSI Compute Shaders Land In Mesa Git

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosco View Post

eon? Playing an eon game on radeon is a horrible experience. Have you already tried?
    yes. the witcher 2 works fine on high with radeonSI (opensuse Tumbleweed core2quad@3ghz; HD7950). Dirt Showdown can be maxed. both tested recently. Bioshok Infinite is also fine, but I do not remember at which settings; last time I played was 3 months ago or so
    I did not test with fglrx. that may be horrible. but radeonSI feels smooth, even at 30fps.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

yes. the witcher 2 works fine on high with radeonSI (opensuse Tumbleweed core2quad@3ghz; HD7950). Dirt Showdown can be maxed. both tested recently. Bioshok Infinite is also fine, but I do not remember at which settings; last time I played was 3 months ago or so
      I did not test with fglrx. that may be horrible. but radeonSI feels smooth, even at 30fps.
      Agree. They are far from perfect and usually gallium nine gives me better results but they are still better than other shitty ports.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
        The outdated Phoronix article (4 aug 2015):

Game build ID: probably 730173
        GTX 750, low in-game quality setting: 29.88 FPS
        GTX 750, high setting: 18.60 FPS

Performance on my computer today (20 apr 2016):

Game build ID: 730173
        GTX 750, low setting: 39.57 FPS
        GTX 750, high setting: 26.98 FPS

I did what you asked for: better inform myself.

The result is the same: as far as I know, it is the drivers.

It's your turn now. Let the odds be in your favor.
        fair point, the port is better now on nvidia. but still not on par with win 10.
        Why is the Game build ID the same - typing error? Or was the nvidia-driver optimized / profiled for that game?

GTX 750, low setting: 39.57 FPS
        GTX 750, high setting: 26.98 FPS

win 10
        GTX 750, low setting: 57 FPS
        GTX 750, high setting: 29 FPS

for the radeonSI results: it seems we now have a combination of not that good port and not that optimized / profiled drivers.

Either way - thx for the updated numbers.
        This is the first time I read numbers that showed an improved feral port.
        However I do not know if I need to thank nvidia or feral yet....
        Can somebody confirm that feral is updating their ports nowadays performance-wise (not feature- / bug-wise)

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
          Feral wrote somewhere they are preparing an update for some of their games. I don't know anything else about it.
          thx for the info. sad to hear.
          thats why I think the VP guys with their EON tech are doing a better job. They set up git-repos for their games and are clearly communicating perf-improvements etc loud and in the open. hopefully this will change in the future. at least feral is active on reddit... but they should communicate their game developement here: https://github.com/FeralInteractive not on reddit.

Comment

I've updated to today's mesa-git, but I can't see compute shader in glxinfo, even with a 4.3 override, is it supposed to show there?

Comment

I have that as well

Comment

According to https://mesamatrix.net/ RadeonSI has made it into #2 rank, with only MESA itself being ahead. It seems AMD got quite serious about kicking competitors asses under Linux.

Comment

There was a lot of nice work done by non-AMD developers too, including Bas Nieuwenhuizen and Edward O'Callaghan among others.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    There was a lot of nice work done by non-AMD developers too, including Bas Nieuwenhuizen and Edward O'Callaghan among others.
                    They has done a lot lately.

Comment

Question: now that RadeonSI has full OpenGL ES 3.1, could it mark also "GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility" in OpenGL 4.5?

Comment

Working...
                      X