R580 - Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HailandKill View Post
    Someone fixed it in this thread with an xserver update.

Also, try the live cd test

That's what I'm attempting at the moment.
    Right i'll try likewise, so is it just the xserver I need to build or the whole of the new version of Xorg? more to the point where do I get it?

Is all of this fixed in the ubuntu 8.10?

Comment

Download the xorg-edgers-live-test script from here and follow the instructions here. That should download everything you need and install it.

ubuntu 8.10 is planned to be shipped with xserver 1.5 and the latest mesa, so yes.

The test didn't work with me, so I'm waiting it out.
      Last edited by HailandKill; 29 August 2008, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HailandKill View Post
        Download the xorg-edgers-live-test script from here and follow the instructions here. That should download everything you need and install it.

ubuntu 8.10 is planned to be shipped with xserver 1.5 and the latest mesa, so yes.

The test didn't work with me, so I'm waiting it out.
        Ok I've resolved the error by an unconventional means, I've decided to go down the ubuntu 8.10 alpha5 route, so i've got full 3D acceleration now using the opensource drivers and i've even got Compiz working.

The only problem I have now is that Maya gets a viewport corruption whenever you use any of the UI in Maya, clicking back into the 3D viewport seems to refresh that part of the screen and its fine, but the corruption doesn't make certain things like texturing models almost impossible. Where can I log these sorts of bugs?

Comment

Originally posted by stuthebearded View Post
          Ok I've resolved the error by an unconventional means, I've decided to go down the ubuntu 8.10 alpha5 route, so i've got full 3D acceleration now using the opensource drivers and i've even got Compiz working.

The only problem I have now is that Maya gets a viewport corruption whenever you use any of the UI in Maya, clicking back into the 3D viewport seems to refresh that part of the screen and its fine, but the corruption doesn't make certain things like texturing models almost impossible. Where can I log these sorts of bugs?
          Look first at open bugs on freedesktop.org:

And eventually open a new bug on Drivers/DRI/r300 component.

Comment

Working...
          X