Open vs. Closed Driver Benchmarks Of AMD's A10-7850K Kaveri On Ubuntu 16.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
    Like most other people, I don't find the benchmarks to be very useful, since those games have been running well under the open source drivers for quite some time and since nobody plays them. Like I mean, literally, nobody. Would be nice to see some Steam games.
    +1

And to increase usefulness for this kind of articles even more i want to propose bars displaying the difference of fps in percent.
    Bar to the right: radeonsi is faster
    Bar to the left: amd somehow managed it to make the application start and perform

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

Thx!
      So here the comparison of the 7850k r7 graphics kaveri with the intel hd530, for anyone interested.
      http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...GA-INTELSKYL68

I combined the two result-urls manually with an ",". Is there an easier way, a button I overlooked?
      comma delimiter is standard procedure and is how it's done unless you do a comparison from one of the other pages where there's built in comparison or if you see the other listings show up on the list of the results page near the other analytic features.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

+1

And to increase usefulness for this kind of articles even more i want to propose bars displaying the difference of fps in percent.
        Bar to the right: radeonsi is faster
        Bar to the left: amd somehow managed it to make the application start and perform
        Patches welcome to the Phoronix Test Suite for improving graphs.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by reepca View Post
          I notice the results seem a bit higher than what I typically experience in Xonotic, but then I haven't run any real benchmarks. Which reminds me, I've been meaning to ask - if my motherboard has 4 DIMM slots, and I have two sticks, and it's got two yellow and two black ones, should one stick be in black and one in yellow in order to be in dual-channel mode?
          That's a trick question. The answer is that it depends on brand. For example Dell used to use Asus MB, but the Dell branded boards required both sticks in the same colored slot. The Asus branded boards required both sticks in opposite colored slots. I mean you just have to try it both ways and see for yourself. Most likely it requires both sticks in opposite colored slots, but you'll need to double check that.

Comment

Originally posted by reepca View Post
            I notice the results seem a bit higher than what I typically experience in Xonotic, but then I haven't run any real benchmarks. Which reminds me, I've been meaning to ask - if my motherboard has 4 DIMM slots, and I have two sticks, and it's got two yellow and two black ones, should one stick be in black and one in yellow in order to be in dual-channel mode?
            no, same color different channels. but it should be mentioned in your motherboard manual

Comment

Working...
            X