Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forcing The R9 Fury's Performance State For Better AMDGPU Performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So lets reiterate. In the past the bane of AMD were shitty drivers, now both drivers and (expensive) hardware are both shitty. Ain't that right?

Comment

Probably the driver, not hardware, i have the same card in my windows computer, works flawlessly there.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
        So lets reiterate. In the past the bane of AMD were shitty drivers, now both drivers and (expensive) hardware are both shitty. Ain't that right?
        Only if you selectively ignore the progress that's been made by discounting the benchmarks and other information that is contrary to your predetermined view of the world.

It's unfortunate that these tests are not necessarily indicative of the current state of affairs, but if you're paying attention there are efforts to resolve that.

Comment

Both drivers have "challenges" (one being phased out and the other being constantly "getting there"). The hardware is probably ok, as far as a piece of hardware without proper drivers can be.

Comment

According to: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum...390#post848390

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Bad news... turned out not to be clock related, just a leftover environment variable in .bashrc forcing the compute runtime to use a copy shader for data transfers instead of SDMA. With the environment variable removed the card is running at full speed again.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
              I think was "bad news"; probably unrelated.
              Last edited by BenPope; 28 January 2016, 10:48 AM.

Comment

No, wrong. But probably you're so convinced by your opinion that nothing, not even facts, would change it. Ain't that right?
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
                  Unrelated to my R9 Fury woes.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Sapphire has been very bad in the last 10 years, it's a wonder people still buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Unrelated to my R9 Fury woes.
                      Correct. At first we thought it might be, but on investigation we found that it was not.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X