Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon: AMD R600 3D Documentation

Phoronix: Coming Soon: AMD R600 3D Documentation

For months we have been telling you that AMD has been preparing to release their R600 series documentation as well as opening up the source-code to two of their internal software projects used for testing new graphics processor designs prior to the availability of the actual hardware. Advanced Micro Devices has yet to release their 3D programming documentation covering the R600 series (or the brand-new RV770) nor the source-code to their two internal projects (TCore and KGrids), but following several postings in our forums over the past couple of weeks and many emails inquiring about the status, today we have a brief update to share.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow! Great news. I hope this can fix all these issues with the sad frame rates on ATI cards.

now if only CrossfireX support came soon...

Comment

Is there any chance for a first shot to be available for the next wave of distro in october (ubuntu 8.10 fedora 10)?

Comment

Woohoo! Go AMD!

I just wish I would have had an AMD option on the inspiron 1420n I just bought. Not only did I get an undocumented gpu, I got a defective one.
        ...and Dell replaced the wrong part.

twice.

..I should have it back, working, in one or two days.
        ...at which point the hardware will /still/ be undocumented.

The Dell techs, the second they see you bought it with Ubuntu instead of Vista, get all scared and just try to forward you somewhere else.

Anyways, keep up the awesomeness, I look forward to, sometime down the line, owning another AMD gpu.

Comment

I am looking to buy a whole bunch of these cards if 3d textures start working!!

Comment

Originally posted by lucky_ View Post
            Is there any chance for a first shot to be available for the next wave of distro in october (ubuntu 8.10 fedora 10)?
            I'd say it's very doubtful for Ubuntu 8.10. For the next Fedora release, it's possible an experimental version could appear...
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I'd say it's very doubtful for Ubuntu 8.10. For the next Fedora release, it's possible an experimental version could appear...
              Well could be a really good reason to have a look at it.
              I was wondering, because ATM the alpha 3 of ubntu 8.10 boots but mess up all the output on my 2400 XT.

Comment

OTOH, it's not there yet: http://emmes.livejournal.com/1783.html

Comment

As long as Xv and Compiz can happily live together I will use it. I don't care the Windowed GL anymore

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                    As long as Xv and Compiz can happily live together I will use it.
                    I waited an year for this myself

Comment

Working...
                    X