Running OpenGL 4.1, DRI3 With Mesa Git On An AMD Cayman GPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    I downloaded the demo to test but i can't find how to start it in different OGL modes and i have no idea if it's in OGL4 or OGL3.
    By default it runs at the highest your driver advertises. You can override it with "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.1 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=410 %command%" in the steam launch options. Substitute the values you need.

You can find the info about how it went in the talos.log file in the game directory/log.

If you have a config similar to what Michael used (Cayman with all the latest Mesa-git stuff), and it advertises 4.1, then the only question is whether or not the game launches when you double click it in Steam. If it does, then we're having some bug probably.
    Last edited by eydee; 16 December 2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Didn't we already conclude based on developer information from a previous DRI3 related posting that DRI3 is only faster in these benchmarks because the results are bogus, because DRI3 will still force a sync to vblank, so if the FPS is already higher than 60 without DRI3, it's going to be even faster with DRI3, because the last copies to screen are limited to 60Hz, unlike with DRI2? As such, DRI3 might be actually slower than DRI2 in case of FPS below 60?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

By default it runs at the highest your driver advertises. You can override it with "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.1 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=410 %command%" in the steam launch options. Substitute the values you need.

You can find the info about how it went in the talos.log file in the game directory/log.

If you have a config similar to what Michael used (Cayman with all the latest Mesa-git stuff), and it advertises 4.1, then the only question is whether or not the game launches when you double click it in Steam. If it does, then we're having some bug probably.
        Using mesa git everything worked.

Tried mesa 11.0.7 and it wouldn't work with overrides i got "Fatal error: Cannot set display mode".
        Without overrides i got something like "driver to old" the first time and chose update and then it worked.
        If i tried to start the demo with force_s3tc_enable=true then it always crashed.
        I did try the demo so it might not reflect the game.

Comment

Working...
        X