Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dungeon
    replied
    Changelog just appeared for me They don't like writing changelogs, 3.19 support the say but support is there for at least up to 4.2, patching not needed for that:

Resolved Issues:
    • [SWDEV-55204] Stuttering when running glxgears with VSync enabled
    • [SWDEV-7339] Intermittent mouse cursor corruption
    Driver works fine for me on Debian Jessie, 3.16 lts or 4.2.6 kernel but xserver is 1.16 there... but likely will need some patching and luckiness on Sid didn't tried there yet At least it should work on SteamOS

Yeah EG/NI users this is last driver... right per 3 year dropping cadence
    Last edited by dungeon; 24 November 2015, 11:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• khilas
    replied
    Can't installl on Ubuntu 15.10!

After running the installer and selecting the generate distribution specific packages option i get an error telling me some pre-requisites are not met. This is what is said in the install log file:

fglrx installation requires that the system have kernel headers. /lib/modules/4.2.0-18-generic/build/include/linux/version.h cannot be found on this system.
    I have the linux-headers package installed but no such file exists. Has anyone been able to install on Ubuntu 15.10?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• dcrdev
    replied
    So I've been eagerly awaiting this for sometime as I've been without a stable driver for sometime on Fedora. The last iteration of fglrx broke under gcc5, which is the only version of gcc available on Fedora 22>. I tried to compile this new "crimson" driver under kernel 4.2.6 with gcc5 and surprise suprise black screen. I really would have thought they'd fixed this as ubuntu uses gcc5 as well - but those guys are lucky enough to have gcc49 as fallback. There's no release notes either, which would have saved me the bother - really disappointed.

Can anyone else confirm?

Leave a comment:

• SilverMachine
    replied
    In the readme it says this is only the 32bit driver and the 64bit is under development. Anyone can confirm this?

Leave a comment:

• haplo602
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Not sure where you download drivers, for Windows as i see it is 220ish MB

That unofficial beta7 is 630ish MB

Is really support dropped for non GCNs now, can't figure out that yet... it seems it is?
    At least it was reported by some of the other tech sites (Anandtech f.e.). Michael loves to post useless posts on the same thing (2x 5 line crimson "articles" in 20 minutes) but fails to mention important stuff :-)

Anyway we may have to ask bridgman to get some accurate information as to the Linux driver status for pre-GCN 5-6k cards....

Leave a comment:

• hajj_3
    replied
    Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
    Exciting times! But I must admit, that after reading the summary of the slides from yesterday, it seemed to be a quite small update of the drivers, except they've fixed "the top 10 ranked bugs" (shouldn't they do that every release?), added some profiles to 4 or 5 popular games, and a new application for changing settings. But it would be awesome if it actually is what they're making it out to be.
    wccftech and another gaming website have published benchmarks on the windows crimson driver. It gives 2-20% performance increase for tons of games, even old games like battlefield 3 and battlefield 4.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardje View Post
    I've noticed that the windows driver update distribution is only 632MB. I wonder what the size of the linux version is...
    Looked it up: 176MB.... wow... what's in there...
    Not sure where you download drivers, for Windows as i see it is 220ish MB

That unofficial beta7 is 630ish MB

Is really support dropped for non GCNs now (or this is last one) can't figure out that yet... it seems it is, ni-eg goes to legacy?
    Last edited by dungeon; 24 November 2015, 10:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ardje
    replied
    I've noticed that the windows driver update distribution is only 632MB. I wonder what the size of the linux version is...
    Looked it up: 176MB.... wow... what's in there...
    Last edited by Ardje; 24 November 2015, 10:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pete910
    replied
    No new UI though ;(

At least it now builds on the 4.x kernel without patching.
    Last edited by pete910; 24 November 2015, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Exciting times! But I must admit, that after reading the summary of the slides from yesterday, it seemed to be a quite small update of the drivers, except they've fixed "the top 10 ranked bugs" (shouldn't they do that every release?), added some profiles to 4 or 5 popular games, and a new application for changing settings. But it would be awesome if it actually is what they're making it out to be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X