No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon Crimson Software For Linux Is Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changelog just appeared for me They don't like writing changelogs, 3.19 support the say but support is there for at least up to 4.2, patching not needed for that:

Resolved Issues:
    • [SWDEV-55204] Stuttering when running glxgears with VSync enabled
    • [SWDEV-7339] Intermittent mouse cursor corruption
    Driver works fine for me on Debian Jessie, 3.16 lts or 4.2.6 kernel but xserver is 1.16 there... but likely will need some patching and luckiness on Sid didn't tried there yet At least it should work on SteamOS

Yeah EG/NI users this is last driver... right per 3 year dropping cadence
    Last edited by dungeon; 24 November 2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by khilas View Post
      Can't installl on Ubuntu 15.10!

After running the installer and selecting the generate distribution specific packages option i get an error telling me some pre-requisites are not met. This is what is said in the install log file:

I have the linux-headers package installed but no such file exists. Has anyone been able to install on Ubuntu 15.10?

Thanks in advance.

You'll need to do this:
      sudo cp /usr/include/linux/version.h /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include/linux/

Comment

The installer/packager does not work for me. After selecting the "Generate Distribution Specific Package" option it says that some prerequisites are missing an this is the log file content:

To build kernel modules of AMD, system needs Kernel-Development package to be installed
        Please run command: sudo zypper install kernel-devel <we presume, you have DVD in the CD driver>

One or more tools required for Graphics Pacakges Generation are not found on the system. Recommended is to install the required tools for successful package generation.
        Optionally, you can run commands to ignore these dependecies but end result may not be as expected. Not recommended

I am on Ubuntu 14.04.3 64 bit (LTS-Vivid, 3.19 kernel) and Catalyst 15.9 generates and installs all .deb packages correctly.

Any hints on how to resolve this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          Is really support dropped for non GCNs now (or this is last one) can't figure out that yet... it seems it is, ni-eg goes to legacy?
          According to the comments from AMD on their German Facebook page with the release of Crimson development of Catalyst is gone, which means of course that anything pre-GCN is now legacy. At least people using pre-GCN have decent support from the radeon driver, this wasn't the case with the last legacy drop from AMD.

Comment

Problem solved: downloaded and installed the Trusty .deb packages directly from the AMD site, all seems to work fine.

V.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

According to the comments from AMD on their German Facebook page with the release of Crimson development of Catalyst is gone, which means of course that anything pre-GCN is now legacy. At least people using pre-GCN have decent support from the radeon driver, this wasn't the case with the last legacy drop from AMD.
              Yeah i should be more specific, i ask about Linux Crimson driver ... Windows driver has separate download location and Crimson driver is there to support pre-GCN, although it is marked as last one thus goes to legacy.

It is easy read for Windows, on Linux i need somehow to figure out that. It seems linux Crimson driver also supports pre-GCN acording to PCI IDs avaliable, but i don't know for sure as i don't have that hardware.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...indows+10+-+64

I am asking mostly to know, where is that cut off... distro packagers need to know too, to separate drivers for future and to aware users to not try to install wrong or driver with no support, etc...
              Last edited by dungeon; 24 November 2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Big thanks to AMD. Just isntalled on Linux mint. everything wprked great, not a single problem. See big performance increase directly on Alien Isolation!

Comment

Did anyone manage to build the packages on Ubuntu 15.10?
                  If I run the following like I always do:

Code:
                  sudo ./amd-driver-installer-15.30.1025-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/wily
                  It seems that it is able to build the packaged properly, but it's failing to copy them to the final destination:

Code:
                  Generating package: Ubuntu/wily
                  mv: cannot stat 'dpkg-deb:': No such file or directory
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/dpkg-deb: has been successfully generated
                  mv: cannot stat 'building': No such file or directory
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/building has been successfully generated
                  mv: cannot stat 'package': No such file or directory
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/package has been successfully generated
                  mv: cannot stat '\'fglrx-core\'': No such file or directory
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/'fglrx-core' has been successfully generated
                  mv: cannot stat 'in': No such file or directory
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/in has been successfully generated
                  mv: cannot stat '\'../fglrx-core_15.300-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb\'.': No such file or directory
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/fglrx-core_15.300-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb'. has been successfully generated
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/dpkg-deb: has been successfully generated
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/building has been successfully generated
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/package has been successfully generated
                  mv: cannot stat '\'fglrx\'': No such file or directory
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/'fglrx' has been successfully generated
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/in has been successfully generated
                  mv: cannot stat '\'../fglrx_15.300-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb\'.': No such file or directory
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/fglrx_15.300-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb'. has been successfully generated
                  mv: cannot stat '\'fglrx-dev\'': No such file or directory
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/'fglrx-dev' has been successfully generated
                  mv: cannot stat '\'../fglrx-dev_15.300-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb\'.': No such file or directory
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/fglrx-dev_15.300-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb'. has been successfully generated
                  mv: cannot stat '\'fglrx-amdcccle\'': No such file or directory
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/'fglrx-amdcccle' has been successfully generated
                  mv: cannot stat '\'../fglrx-amdcccle_15.300-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb\'.': No such file or directory
                  Package /mnt/Data/Software/Hardware/AMD Radeon HD6950/ati-driver-installer/fglrx-15.30.1025/fglrx-amdcccle_15.300-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb'. has been successfully generated
                  Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.4xz55j
                  The result is just a .changes file and no .deb's.
                  How can I fix this?

*Update*
                  Interestingly enough I can't generate the 15.9 drivers any more either even though it worked fine on Ubuntu 15.04. The same issues occur now. Look like it's an Ubuntu 15.10 issue somehow instead of a driver issue.
                  Last edited by Forage; 25 November 2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Forage View Post
                    The result is just a .changes file and no .deb's.
                    How can I fix this?
                    Look into /tmp

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                      Look into /tmp
                      Spot on! Many thanks for the suggestion.
                      Any idea why they don't get copied properly any longer?

Comment

Working...
                      X