AMD Publishes AMDGPU PowerPlay Support For Re-Clocking / Power Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
    Michael will this code find its way into ongoing testing round, or is it too late?
    WHat ongoing testing round?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm amused by the forums previous speculation about why AMD hadn't released the code they said they would (before now).

Then they go and release tens of thousands of lines of code. Turns out it actually takes some time to write tens of thousands of lines of code, who'd have thunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
        Good job AMD! Thanks a lot!

Does it means the "WIP" cells of the Power Saving features in the RadeonFeature table will turn green?
        https://wiki.freedesktop.org/xorg/Ra...ture/#index1h2
        Once the code lands, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
          Oh I also have a question about FreeSync: why isn't it in the ReadonFeature table?
          No particular reason. It could be added.

Comment

Seems like the transition to hybrid Catalyst is near... My Tonga will finally show its potential! Thanks guys!

Comment

Been lurking/reading phoronix for a while now, but decided it was finally time to write something. Great work AMD! Just compiled it, and it seems to work quite well. I have one question though - looking at the code, I can see that set_fan_control_mode is not set in the hwmgr, meaning no manual fan control; is this something you are working on, or is that just something we will never see? I can imagine having full control of the fan could be trouble, but some kind of manual control would be nice.

EDIT: Just realised that you can in fact set the fan speed manually, by echoing 0-255 to pwm1 under hwmon. There doesn't seem to be any way to reset it back to automatic mode though.
              Last edited by HomerSp; 12 November 2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

No particular reason. It could be added.
                It would be nice, so people would have a table with what hardware supports FreeSync.

Comment

Hi all,

Is this code "better" than the code used in radeon driver for power management in previous cards ? By better I mean more features or better testing.
                  Or it is just code sharing between windows and linux ? (I am just wondering why they did not use the previous code with fixes, it seems a complete rewrite, or I am wrong ?)

Thanks

Comment

It works perfectly on my tonga. It's 3 to 4 times faster than without dpm.
                    Also hangs I had with linux 4.2 are gone. With last hang fix on mesa git, I get no hang anymore.

Comment

45k lines...

I keep thinking "what is 2016 going to look like?". looks like I'll be happy enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X