No announcement yet.

AMD Announces Radeon Software Crimson Edition, Radeon Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't CCC already Qt on Linux? I'm not sure, it's been a while since I used a Radeon card.
    My point is that this might not arrive on Linux.

Comment

Perhaps they are using qt for use on osx, considering the rumors about apple using a custom amd soc for a future imac.

oh and there's also the coming merge of android and chrome os to consider.
      Last edited by WOLF308; 02 November 2015, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
        Isn't CCC already Qt on Linux?
        Yup CCC is done in Qt for Linux.

My point is that this might not arrive on Linux.
        Yeah probably will not (many options there are Windows specific and .NET GUI was slow), but who knows maybe Linux GUI would see some redisign too
        Last edited by dungeon; 02 November 2015, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
          Would it be possible for AMD to make this kind of software capable of interfacing both with the propitiatory and open-source drivers.
          Would be good if it was an optional thing for open source users too. Especially considering that's the longterm direction of AMD...

Apart from that the big glaring feature omission for AMD on linux is freesysnc support. Would be great to get an update on that.
          There aren't many things to tweak on the FOSS driver. Turn on / off DRI3? Monitor the GPU load? You cannot do software overclocking with the Mesa drivers, and unlike the big horrible mess of the proprietary drivers the FOSS ones don't have game specific tuning.

Comment

we will se if it comes to linux

Comment

If this does come to linux, I'm sure it'll only be for GCN 1.2 and newer. I just hope this isn't going to be as bloated as CCC is (for Windows). I think AMD is just trying to ditch the stigma that comes with CCC.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                I think AMD is just trying to ditch the stigma that comes with CCC.
                He, he, stigma, no... they just redesign driver GUI every 4-5 years.

If someone runs FLTK desktop today, that one would still like colorful GUI from 2002. i guess
                Last edited by dungeon; 02 November 2015, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Why would workstation users care about a new GUI? I don't see a real reason for bringing this to Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    If this does come to linux, I'm sure it'll only be for GCN 1.2 and newer.
                    Why not all GCN considering they will support Vulkan? My A10-7400P Kaveri powered laptop wants to be fully used in Linux world

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                      Why would workstation users care about a new GUI? I don't see a real reason for bringing this to Linux.
                      Maybe they need new GUI to control their workstation apps those workstation apps which are fixed as according to 15.9 driver changelog known workstation apps like COH2, SoM, DiRT, DOTA2, CS:GO and undocumented Bioshock workstation app gets some fixes or profiles

Resolved Issues:
                      • [425910] Driver installation sometimes fails on Ubuntu 14.04.3
                      • [424450] Company of Heroes? 2 - Game crashes while running the performance test
                      • [424794] Middle-earth?: Shadow of Mordor - Corruption observed in game
                      • [424882] DIRT? Showdown - Corruption observed in game
                      • [425234] DIRT? Showdown - Game crashes after the loading screen
                      • [424802] DOTA? 2 ? Application hang observed while exiting the game
                      • [424255] AMD Catalyst? Installer removing EGL links resulting in Xserver/Xorg load failure
                      • [423471] Unable to switch desktop mode after installing AMD Catalyst? driver
                      • [423735] Renaming Counter-Strike: GO and other Steam game binary improves performance

Comment

Working...
                      X